Goddard Memorial State Park is in Rhode Island.
The park is open year round from sunrise to sunset. Office hours range from 8AM to 3:30PM (winter) and 7:30AM to 4PM (summer). The office can be contacted by phone at +1 401 884-2010.
The site that would become Goddard Memorial State Park was first a privately owned estate. On November 29, 1927 site was acquired by the state of Rhodes Island. On June 1, 1930 the park was formally opened. During the New England hurricane of 1938 the park received an extensive amount of damage. To this day, the park is a hot spot for thousands of tourists each year.
The park stretches across 489.2 acres.
Flora and fauna
62 deciduous and 19 evergreen species can found in the park.
- From Providence Take Interstate Rte. 95 South, to Rte. 4 South, to East Greenwich exit, turn right onto Division Street, to Rte. 1 South, follow signs to Goddard Memorial State Park.
Fees and permits
There are no entrance fees.
- Beach Whether going for a swim or just taking a shoreline stroll the beach is a great stop for park-goers.
- Picnic The park has many fields that are ideal for friend and family gatherings. Picnic sites can be rented for $2 a table. Larger parties may consider renting the Picnic Shelter for $35. The shelter has 8 tables and sturdy roof to combat those New England rains.
- Carousel Performing Arts Center This quaint indoor facility plays host to a variety of local events. The venue is open to all profit and non-profit groups, providing reservations are made in advance (preferably one year). Cost is $100 a day for non-profit groups and $200 a day for all other groups.
- Potowomut Golf Club The park's 9-hole golf course is ideal for golf lovers. A full 9 holes costs $12 on weekdays and $14 on weekends and holidays. The course is open from April 1st through November 30th (weather permitting). The course can be contacted directly by calling +1 401 884-9834.
- Horse riding Horses can rented and taken around 18 miles of bridle trails.