Jump to navigation Jump to search
The name Goondiwindi derives from the Aboriginal word "resting place of the birds".
- Customs House Museum
- Botanic Gardens
- Macintyre River - Border Bridge and the “Tree of Knowledge”.
- Gunsynd - A famous race horse, in the Apex Park on banks of the Macintyre River.
- Historic Buildings - Anglican Church and Martha's Cottage.
- There are birds by the thousands most of the year, including Jabiru, Pelicans, Kurrawongs, Top-knot Pigeons, Blue-eyed Honey-eater, Major Mitchell Galahs, Sulphur Crested Cockatoos, Magpies, Butcher Birds, Lorikeets and the rare Apostle Birds.
- Fishing at the Town Common and Hilton Weir.
- Swimming at the Town Common, Hilton Weir, or else try Little Bondi (a sandy beach just out of town)
- Tracks (Tracks Restaurant), Old Cunningham Highway (At Goondiwindi Motel). Fully Licensed, air conditioned and seating up to 80 guests.
- Goondiwindi Motel, Old Cunningham Highway (Opposite the racecourse.), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. 32 ground level units on the property, from single rooms to family size. Laundry, tea & coffee facilities, room service, pool, BBQ area, wireless and dial-up internet. Non-smoking rooms. (AAA rated 3½ star) AUS $84 - $125 Single - Family - via online booking.