Jump to navigation Jump to search
Granbury is a city in Hood County, near the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas.
Granbury is located approximately 30 miles Southwest of Fort Worth, Texas on US Highway 377. Take the Granbury 377 business exit off of 377, which will take you straight into the historic square.
A car is the best way to get around, but the Granbury stretch of US 377 can be quite clogged around noon and rush hour.
- Brazos Carriage Company, on the Square on Bridge Street, +1 817 723-2322. Offers horse-drawn carriage tours of Granbury's historic district.
- Historic square. Which is made up of several buildings which are registered historic landmarks.
- Granbury Opera House, 133 E Pearl St, ☏ +1 817 579-0952.
- Hood County Jail and Museum, 208 North Crockett St, ☏ +1 817 573-5135. An old western jail built in 1885, with original cell block and hanging tower, exhibits, artifacts and memorabilia. It is also said to be haunted.
- Granbury State Historical Cemetery, 801 North Houston St, ☏ +1 817 573-5548. Visit the graves of General Hiram Granbury (which the town of Granbury is named after), Jesse James (supposedly buried here), and Ashley Crockett (son of Davy Crockett).
- 1 Acton State Historic Site, 167 Granbury Ct, ☏ +1 512 463-7948. It's where Davy Crockett's second wife, Elizabeth Crockett, is buried.
- Brazos Drive-In Theatre, 1800 West Pearl St, ☏ +1 817 573-1311. An authentic 1950s drive-in, open March 1st- December 1st.
- The New Granbury Live, 110 North Crockett St, toll-free: +1 800-340-9703. Professionally cast, costumed and choreographed nostalgia concerts.
- 1 Granbury City Beach Park, 505 E Pearl St, ☏ +1 817 573-1114. City beach on the Brazos River. An elevated walkway over the water hems in the swimming area.
Shop at many little shops around the square.
There are 70+ restaurants and fast food chains to choose from in Granbury.
- Babe's Chicken Dinner House, 114 West Pearl St, ☏ +1 817 573-9777.
- Garcia's Mexican Restaurant, 2000 NE Loop 567, ☏ +1 817 279-7940.
- Miyako Japanese Restaurant, 715 Autumn Ridge Dr, Ste 104, ☏ +1 817 579-8668.
- Pam's, 204 South Morgan St, ☏ +1 817 573-8052. Great breakfast, but it may be difficult to find a seat in the morning.
- Pastafina, 1106 South Morgan St, ☏ +1 817 279-8669. Italian.
- Quality Inn & Suites, 800 Harbor Lakes Dr, ☏ +1 817 573-4411. An older hotel. Complimentary breakfast.
- Days Inn Granbury, 1201 North Plaza Dr, ☏ +1 817 573-2611. Clean, comfortable rooms and a good free breakfast.
- Granbury Hilton Garden Inn, 635 Pearl St, ☏ +1 817 579-3800. Hotel close to the boardwalk with free internet access, available meeting space.
- Inn on Lake Granbury, 205 West Doyle St, ☏ +1 817 573-0046. Lakefront bed and breakfast featuring a waterfall pool, gourmet breakfast, afternoon wine social and lake view hot tub. $215-345.
- Lake View Inn, 1451 East Pearl St, ☏ +1 817 573-8846. Not really on Lake Granbury as advertised, yet the inn has a charming old plantation appeal for some.
- Pomegranate House and Cottages Bed and Breakfast, 1002 West Pearl St, ☏ +1 469 500-9431. A quaint 1906 inn. Clean spacious rooms and delicious meals.