The slogan for the city is “It’s the Climate,” and nothing could fit the town better. Grants Pass has been known in the winter to receive sun, rain, and snow all on the same day! Its climate is very similar to that of nearby Medford in Jackson County.
One of Grants Pass’ greatest achievements is being one of the most caffeinated cities in Southern Oregon. It is home to the originators of Dutch Bros. and stickers adorn almost every car’s bumper or window.
If you choose to drive along the winding roads of Southern Oregon, then you will want to take Interstate 5 and get off at either of the Grants Pass exits; exit 55 or 58. Fun fact: this is the westernmost stretch of Interstate highway in the continental United States.
- Greyhound Bus Lines, 460 NE Agness Ave, ☏ . Greyhound bus lines run all along the west coast of Oregon.
On rainy days you may find yourself wanting to drive around town, but on warm sunny days it is nice to walk through historic down town.
- Rogue Taxi, 600 SE 7th St, ☏ .
- Grants Pass Cab Svc, 406 Penny Ln, ☏ .
Grants Pass is known for its famous caveman statue. In early 2005 it was vandalized, but now once again stands tall on its pedestal- located near the intersection of NW Sixth St. and Morgan St.
- Muffler Man - Paul Bunyan, 1345 Redwood Ave.
- 1 Grants Pass Museum of Art, 229 SW G St., ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM.
Spend the day by the river at beautiful parks. Feed the birds on the Rogue River at Riverside Park near the center of town, or take a walk through the All Sports Park, stopping on its bridges to catch a glance at the fish and frogs.
- Riverside West All Sports Park (Lincoln Rd & Webster Ln), ☏ .
- Ferron's Fun Trips Rogue River Rafting, Hog Creek Boat Landing, toll-free: . 7AM-7PM. Guided Oregon whitewater rafting trips on the Rogue River. Enjoy Full or Half Day rafting and kayaking trips. $70 and up.
- 1 Hellgate Jetboat Excursions, 966 SW 6th St, ☏ . Offering exhilarating excursions down the Rogue River. Take in the beauty of Southern Oregon, spot a bald eagle, view osprey flying high overhead, notice deer relaxing in the brush, or just admire the green trees, steep cliffs and luxurious houses along the side of the river.
- Orange Torpedo Trips Rogue River Rafting, 210 Merlin Rd, ☏ . 7AM-7PM. Guided white water rafting trips on the Rogue River, Salmon River, Klamath River, and North Umpqua River. Rogue, Klamath, and North Umpqua trips leave Merlin Oregon location daily May 15th-December 15th. Rafting trips are the ideal way to enjoy beautiful southern Oregon with your family. Come out and paddle an inflatable kayak or hop on a raft with your family or friends. $69 and up.
- 2 O'Brien's Rogue River Rafting, 5556 Lower River Rd, ☏ . 7AM-7PM. Guided Oregon whitewater rafting trips on the Rogue River. Enjoy Full or Half Day rafting and kayaking trips, Family Raft Camps or Teen Raft Camps. $70 and up.
- 3 Hellgate Jetboat Excursions, 966 SW 6th St, ☏ . Offering exhilarating excursions down the Rogue River. Take in the beauty of Southern Oregon, spot a bald eagle, view osprey flying high overhead, notice deer relaxing in the brush, or just admire the green trees, steep cliffs and luxurious houses along the side of the river.
- The Farm, 51 S. Stage Rd, ☏ . The Farm provides an opportunity for children and adults to interact with farm animals and exotics alike. Ride a gorgeous Welsh pony. Bring home a Christmas tree and have your picture taken with Santa. Browse through The Farm's gift shop, sip a cup of delicious hot cocoa or cider.
- O.A.R.S. (Outdoor Adventure River Specialists), toll-free: . One of the most established whitewater rafting outfitters in Oregon, O.A.R.S. has been guiding guests down the Rogue River since 1969. Join a family-friendly white water rafting vacation deep within Oregon's forested wilderness on the Rogue River. Trips run from May through August and range in length from 3, 4, 5 and 6 days.
- 1 Grants Pass Shopping Ctr, 959 NE D St (One is off of D Street, and another off Allen Creek Road), ☏ . For a variety of shopping needs, including clothing and computer accessories.
Additionally, shop in historic downtown. Enjoy a walk down ‘G’ street, shopping in all the boutiques. You’ll find many apparel shops, craft stores, and furniture shops.
One of the first things you may notice when you visit Grants Pass is the numerous pizza and fast food restaurants that appear on almost every corner, but upon a closer look you will see more.
- 3 The Blue Monkey Noodle House, 144 SE 7th St, ☏ .
- 4 China Hut, 1434 NW 6th St, ☏ .
- 5 Hong Kong Restaurant, 820 NW 6th St, ☏ .
- 6 Hunan Garden, 929 NE D St (Grants Pass Shopping Center), ☏ .
- 7 Matsukaze Japanese Restaurant, 1675 NE 7th St, ☏ .
- 8 Pongsri's Thai Restaurant, 202 Redwood Hwy, ☏ .
- 9 Royal Barge Thai Cuisine, 120 SW H St, ☏ .
- 10 Thai BBQ, 428 SW 6th St, ☏ .
- 11 Taroko Asian Tapas Bar, 414 NW 6th St, ☏ .
- 12 River's Edge Restaurant, 1936 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 13 Jimmy's Classic Drive In, 1654 NE Terrace Dr, ☏ .
- 14 Carson's Bistro, 220 SW H St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 15 Tutto Bene, 1610 Allen Creek Rd, ☏ .
- 16 El Patron Mexican Restaurant, 799 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 17 Herb's La Casita, 515 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 18 La Burrita Mexican Restaurant, 1501 NE F St, ☏ .
- 19 Lupita's Taqueria, 147 NE E St, ☏ .
- 20 Tamales Rosa Maria, 774 SW 6th St, ☏ .
- 21 Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, 1999 NE 7th St, ☏ .
- 22 Si Casa Flores, 202 NE Beacon Dr, ☏ .
- 23 Si Casa Xpress, 294 Union Ave, ☏ .
- 24 Taqueria Mexico, 137 SE H St, ☏ .
- 25 Abu's Oasis Deli, 1330 NW 6th St, ☏ .
When you feel like you need an alcoholic beverage, Grants Pass has that covered, with multiple bars to choose from.
- 1 Alibi Tavern, 1220 NW 6th St, ☏ .
- 2 Applegate Saloon, 324 Riverbanks Rd, ☏ .
- 3 Beacon Bar & Grill, 2030 NE Vine St, ☏ .
- 4 Blacksmith's Hot Rod Bar & Grill, 1831 NE 6th St, ☏ .
- 5 Climate City Brewing Company, 509 SW G St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 Cedarwood Saloon, 1345 Redwood Ave, ☏ .
- 7 Mill St. Mugshots, 145 NE Mill St, ☏ .
- 8 G Street Bar & Grill, 125 SE G St, ☏ .
- 9 JD's Sports Pub, 690 Redwood Hwy, ☏ .
- 10 Old Barn Tavern, 2039 Redwood Ave, ☏ .
- 11 Pinetree Tavern, 1320 Redwood Ave, ☏ .
- 12 Taprock Northwest Grill, 971 SE 6th St, ☏ .
- 13 Shannon's Pub, 772 SW 6th St, ☏ .
- 14 Wonder Bur Lounge & Cafe, 116 SW H St, ☏ .
There are many different hotels and motels located throughout Grants Pass, as well as motorhome and RV parks; they have been listed below, for easy accessing.
- 1 Buona Sera Inn, 1001 NE 6th St (I-5 exit 58), ☏ , toll-free: . A real find! Friendly innkeepers Irene and Peter offer a personal touch. Their rooms, though small and simple, are clean, attractive, and packed with extras like refrigerator and free wi-fi. Simple continental breakfast included. The budget price makes this an excellent value. Double $75/night.
- 2 Bella Rosa Inn, 7799 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ . Check-in: 3pm, check-out: 11am.
- 3 Budget Inn, 1253 NE 6th St, ☏ .
- 4 Hawks Inn Motel, 1464 NW 6th St, ☏ .
- 5 Lodge At Riverside, 955 SE 7th St, ☏ .
- 6 Motel Del Rogue, 2600 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 7 Redwood Hyperion Suites, 815 NE 6th St.
- 8 Riverside Inn, 971 SE 6th St, ☏ .
- 9 Rogue River Inn, 6285 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 10 Sunset Inn, 1400 NW 6th St, ☏ .
- 11 Super 8, 1949 NE 7th St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 12 Sweet Breeze Inn, 1627 NE 6th St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 13 Travelodge by Wyndham Grants Pass, 1950 NW Vine St, ☏ .
- 14 Vintage Hotels, 986 SW 6th St, ☏ .
- 15 Rogue Valley Overnighters, 1806 NW 6th St, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-out: 12pm.
- 16 Jack's Landing RV Resort, 247 NE Morgan Ln, ☏ .
- 17 Riverpark RV Resort, 2956 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 18 Moon Mountain RV Resort, 3298 Pearce Park Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 19 Twin Pines RV Park, 2630 Merlin Rd, ☏ .
- 20 Beavercreek RV Resort, 1200 Merlin Rd, ☏ .
- 21 Riverfront RV Park, 7060 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 22 Bridgeview RV Resort, 8880 Rogue River Hwy, ☏ .
- 23 Joe Creek Waterfalls RV Park, 699 Jumpoff Joe Creek Rd, ☏ .
When it's time to leave, aim for the I-5. Go north for the Portland Airport, or South for the Medford airport. If you want to make plans to go somewhere new or need advice, there are many travel agencies available for you to visit.
- Great Cats World Park, 27919 Redwood Hwy., Cave Junction (~31 mi. away)
- Oregon Caves National Monument (~48 mi. away)
- The Oregon Vortex, 4303 Sardine Creek Rd., Gold Hill, (~12 mi. away)
- Big Goofy Black Bird , 1810 W. Main St., Medford, (~24 mi. away)
- Eagle Nabs Fish , 146 Chief Miwaleta Lane, Canyonville, (~33 mi. away)
- Ship Ashore - Little Museum , 12370 Highway 101 North, Smith River, CA (~57 mi. away)
|Routes through Grants Pass|
|Eugene ← Canyonville ←||N S||→ Medford → Redding|
|END ←||N S||→ Cave Junction → Crescent City|