Just north of Dallas/Fort Worth Airport - therefore easy access by air. Most larger hotels have their own shuttles to/from the airport.
The only rail to Grapevine is the "Grapevine Vintage Railroad" that runs between Grapevine and the Fort Worth Stockyards. It is more of a tourist attraction than anything else as it too slow to use as transit.
DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) has its Orange Line light rail passing through Irving and ending at DFW airport. Although it doesn't travel into Grapevine, it will probably have a park and ride just outside the city limits on the north side of the airport.
The first true rail transit that will exist in Grapevine, the TEX Rail commuter rail line, broke ground in August 2016 and is expected to begin service in late 2018. The train will have two stops in Grapevine: one downtown and at a new DFW Airport - North station, the latter of which will also link with the DART's planned Cotton Belt rail line that continues onto Plano.
The Gaylord Texan has two nifty shuttles. One loop runs from Gaylord to the Grapevine Mills shopping areas, the other loop runs from Gaylord to the historic part of Main St.
- 1 Legoland Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth. ,
- 2 Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine’s Water Park. - located in Grapevine
- 3 Cowboys Golf Club, 1600 Fairway Dr, ☎ . Owned and operated by the Dallas Cowboys, this is a very high-end course that offers all the amenities and a spectacular golf course. Fees range from $75 to $160.
- Grapevine Wine Tours. Daily lunch and dinner tours of Grapevine's outstanding wineries. Transportation, tastings at 3 of the 7 wineries, and lunch or dinner included.
- Grapevine Wineries. Grapevine is home to many wineries (even a couple of vineyards).
- Historic Main Street. A nice stroll full of shops, a theater, art galleries and a steam train that runs to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- 4 Lake Grapevine. Fishing, swimming and water skiing. Fish the points (such as in Oak Grove Park, look for birds) for sand bass. If the birds are working, the fun is on! Cast your slab and reel 'em in.
- Catch some live jazz at Kirby's Steakhouse, 3305 E. Hwy 114, Southlake. Ok, so it's in Southlake, but just barely. Surprisingly good jazz acts in a small setting, very enjoyable. Regularly included in the KNTU recommended live jazz schedule. And the food is awesome (expensive, but well worth it).
- Sea Life Grapevine Aquarium, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, Grapevine, TX 76051, ☎ . Are you a Shark lover, Seahorse fanatic or a Clownfish groupie? Perhaps it's the graceful Jellyfish or our newest family member- the Green Sea Turtle that you love the most. Maybe you simply can't decide! Here at Sea Life Grapevine Aquarium you can make up your mind and see them all - from the curious and the rescued to the rare and the enigmatic. And you'll be able to get closer to them than ever before.
- 1 Grapevine Mills, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy. Large indoor outlet mall with close to 200 stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Other major Dallas-area outlet malls are located in Allen, to the north, and Hillsboro, to the south.
See the entry for wineries above.
- 1 Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, 1501 Gaylord Trail, ☎ . Proving that everything is bigger in Texas, this enormous hotel complex offers numerous restaurants and bars, and a lush indoor garden, a water park.
- Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North at Outdoor World, 2401 Bass Pro Dr, ☎ .
- AmeriSuites Dallas/DFW Airport North, 2220 West Grapevine Mills Circle, ☎ .
- 2 Garden Manor Bed and Breakfast, 205 East College St, ☎ .
Either Dallas or Fort Worth. Camping in a number of state parks within a two-hour drive.