Just north of Dallas/Fort Worth Airport - therefore easy access by air. Most larger hotels have their own shuttles to/from the airport.
There are frequent TEXRail trains between Fort Worth and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, operated by Trinity Metro. For a more touristic experience, the Grapevine Vintage Railroad runs historic trains between Grapevine and nearby destinations.
- 1 Grapevine-Main Street station, 815 S Main St.
The Gaylord Texan has two nifty shuttles. One loop runs from Gaylord to the Grapevine Mills shopping areas, the other loop runs from Gaylord to the historic part of Main St.
- 1 Legoland Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth.
- 2 Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine’s Water Park.
- 3 Cowboys Golf Club, 1600 Fairway Dr, ☏ . Owned and operated by the Dallas Cowboys, this is a very high-end course that offers all the amenities and a spectacular golf course. Fees range from $75 to $160.
- Grapevine Wine Tours. Daily lunch and dinner tours of Grapevine's outstanding wineries. Transportation, tastings at 3 of the 7 wineries, and lunch or dinner included.
- Grapevine Wineries. Grapevine is home to many wineries (even a couple of vineyards).
- Grapevine Vintage Railroad
- Historic Main Street. A nice stroll full of shops, a theater, art galleries and a steam train that runs to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- 4 Lake Grapevine. Fishing, swimming and water skiing. Fish the points (such as in Oak Grove Park, look for birds) for sand bass. If the birds are working, the fun is on! Cast your slab and reel 'em in.
- Sea Life Grapevine Aquarium, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, ☏ . Are you a Shark lover, Seahorse fanatic or a Clownfish groupie? Perhaps it's the graceful Jellyfish or our newest family member- the Green Sea Turtle that you love the most. Maybe you simply can't decide! Here at Sea Life Grapevine Aquarium you can make up your mind and see them all - from the curious and the rescued to the rare and the enigmatic. And you'll be able to get closer to them than ever before.
- 1 Grapevine Mills, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy. Large indoor outlet mall with close to 200 stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Other major Dallas-area outlet malls are located in Allen, to the north, and Hillsboro, to the south.
- Meat U Anywhere, 919 W Northwest Hwy, ☏ .
- Bob's Steak and Chop House, 1255 South Main Street, ☏ .
See the entry for wineries above.
- RE:defined Coffee House, 200 West Northwest Hwy, ☏ .
- 1 Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, 1501 Gaylord Trail, ☏ . Proving that everything is bigger in Texas, this enormous hotel complex offers numerous restaurants and bars, and a lush indoor garden, a water park.
- Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North at Outdoor World, 2401 Bass Pro Dr, ☏ .
- [dead link] AmeriSuites Dallas/DFW Airport North, 2220 West Grapevine Mills Circle, ☏ .
- 2 Garden Manor Bed and Breakfast, 205 East College St, ☏ .
Either Dallas or Fort Worth. Camping in a number of state parks within a two-hour drive.