Grover Beach is in San Luis Obispo County in the Central Coast region of California. It is part of the Five Cities Metropolitan Area which also includes Oceano to the south, Arroyo Grande to the east, and Pismo Beach and Shell Beach to the north.
Highway 1 runs through Grover Beach. Grover Beach is also the southern terminus of Highway 227. Highway 101 is a major freeway that goes near Grover Beach. On the 101, you can go south to Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, and eventually to Los Angeles, and north to San Luis Obispo, Salinas, and eventually to San Francisco. On the 1, you could go south to Guadalupe and Lompoc, while you could go north to nearby Pismo Beach to meet the 101. The 227 goes north to San Luis Obispo.
The nearest airport with commercial flights is San Luis Obispo Airport, approximately 10 miles north of Grover Beach. Scheduled flights are available to Los Angeles and San Francisco on United Express's Skywest Airlines, and Phoenix on American Eagle. Oceano County Airport is located just south of Grover Beach and it is used mostly for general aviation.
Amtrak serves Grover Beach via its Pacific Surfliner train between San Luis Obispo and San Diego, there are two daily departures in each direction and several additional Amtrak Thruway buses connecting with trains in Santa Barbara. 1 Grover Beach station is located at 180 W Grand Ave.
SLO South County Transit provides bus service in Grover Beach, Oceano, Pismo Beach and Shell Beach. The main transit hub is at Ramona Garden Park at 9th Street and Ramona Ave.
Go to Pismo State Beach, where vehicles are permitted on the beach, by traveling west on Grand Avenue from Highway 1.
- Mongo's Saloon Restaurant, 359 W Grand Ave, ☏ .
- Fin's, 25 W Grand Ave, ☏ .
- Fatte's Pizza of Grover Beach, 1741 W Grand Ave, ☏ . # D,
- Station Grill, 170 W Grand, ☏ . 6:30AM - 8PM. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Sandwiches, burgers, salads, pasta. Casual dining, great for the family. all food $5 - $10.
- Pismo Beach - Grover Beach's neighbor to the north is a tourism-focused coastal town that has more than 65 restaurants and 30 lodging options, and draws visitors with its beautiful coastline, annual clam festival, and the thousands of monarch butterflies that gather to spend the winter in a grove at the edge of town.
|Routes through Grover Beach|
|San Luis Obispo ← Pismo Beach ←||N S||→ Arroyo Grande → Santa Barbara|
|San Luis Obispo ← Pismo Beach ←||N S||→ Oceano → Santa Barbara|
|San Luis Obispo ←||N S||→ Guadalupe → Santa Barbara|