Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hambantota is a town in the Southern Province of Sri Lanka.
- 1 Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI IATA Hambantota Airport), Airport Road, Mattala (From Hambantota Town 23km North), ☏ . An international airport that opened in 2013. MRIA was opened in March 2013 by President Mahinda Rajapaksa, who ordered the construction of the airport. Initially, several airlines flew to the airport, including SriLankan Airlines which established a hub. However, due to low demand, most of these airlines left Mattala. As of June 2018 there are no scheduled flights from the airport. It has been called "The World's Emptiest International Airport" due to its low number of flights despite the large size of the airport.
- 1 Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium.
- 1 Peacock Beach Hotel, Galwala Tissa Rd Hambantota, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Oceanfront property with pool and chaise lounges fronting picturesque beach, restaurant, wifi, but some mosquito and other issues. Rs 2606.
- 2 Darwins Beach Resort, Wellaodaya Village, Rekawa Rd,, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Outdoor pool, beach access, wifi, dining. Rs 8748.
- 3 The Oasis Ayurveda Beach Resort, Sisilasagama, ☏ . Pool, spa, gym, beach access, dining. Peacocks, monkeys running around. May be some a/c, wifi, hot water issues.
- 4 Shangri-La's Hambantota Golf Resort & Spa, Sittrakala Watta, Chithragala, Ambalantota, ☏ . For the fussy traveler who only wants the best. Have a toddy when you're not out on the links by the beach. Rs 22707.