Hampton is a city in New Hampshire along the coast. It includes the small village of Hampton Beach, a popular tourist spot.
Some commercial flights are available into Pease, but Hampton is primarily accessible by flights into Manchester and Portland, both an hour by car, or Boston, roughly an hour and a half car ride in good traffic.
- Manchester Airport, Manchester, NH.
- Pease International Tradeport, 36 Airline Av., Portsmouth, NH. Served only by two airlines: Allegiant Air, Phone: +1-800-432-3810; or Pan Am Clipper Connection, Phone: +1-800-359-7262.
- Portland International Jetport, Portland, ME.
- Logan International Airport, Boston, MA.
From Boston: I-95 North to New Hampshire Exit 1 for Route 107 towards US-1/Seabrook. Route 107 to a left onto US-1 North/Lafayette Road.Take the Hampton Beach exit off US-1, and merge onto Route 101 East. Turn right onto Route 1A South/Ocean Boulevard.
From the north, take I-95 South to New Hampshire Exit 2, Route 101 towards Exeter/Hampton Beach. Merge onto Route 101 East on the left. Turn right onto Route 1A South/Ocean Boulevard.
Ocean Boulevard is the main street in Hampton Beach, along the main beach area and shops.
- Tuck Museum Complex, 40 Park Ave, ☏ . Year round Su,W,F 1PM-4PM.
- 1 Hampton Beach State Park, Route 1A, ☏ . No pets. Swimming, fishing, picnicking, and RV camping with full hook-ups. Day use $10 per car, RVs $14.
- 2 Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom, 169 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Concerts and shows.
- Al Gauron Whale Watching, ☏ . State Pier.
- Seacoast Kayak, Ocean Boulevard, ☏ .
- Master Sand Sculpting Competition. Mid to late June. Ten days of professional invitation-only sand sculpture. Even with lights at night!
- Hampton Beach Seafood Festival. Early September (8th-10th in 2006). Over 150,000 turn out for great food, arts and crafts, end of season sales, a kiddie land, two stages of continuous entertainment with over 15 bands and orchestras. In 2006 the U.S. Air Force Band Afterburner will perform an inspiring patriotic medley leading up to a fireworks display on Saturday, September 9th; and a sky diving show on Sunday, September 10th.
- Annual Hampton Beach Idol Competition. Entertainers compete for a first place $500 cash prize!
- Children's Festival. This annual event consists of five days of free events for children and their families. It is great for kids of all ages! It features magic shows, sand castle competitions, talent shows, free ice cream, a costume parade, story telling and more.
- Fireworks Displays. Fireworks show set off on the beach every Wednesday night and on holidays.
- Nightly concerts. Performers, entertainers and bands on the Sea Shell Stage from May to September.
- Miss Hampton Beach Pageant.
- Little Miss Hampton Beach Pageant.
- Annual Catamaran Regatta.
- Harvest Moon Fall Festival.
- Hampton Beach Tow Rodeo. This popular event features a huge parade of trucks, vendors, a rodeo competition, food raffles, and family oriented activities.
- Beachside Bagel & Subs, 327 Ocean Blvd, ☏ .
- , 115 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . From cinnamon & sugar, butter, and apple to crazy flavors like pizza and peanut butter & jelly, Blink's has every kind of fried dough you could ever imagine!
- Boardwalk Inn & Cafe, 139 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Serves lunch and dinner.
- Breakers Cafe Lounge at Ashworth Hotel, 295 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Opens daily at noon.
- Coffee Break Cafe, 23 Ocean Blvd. A cozy little cafe serving lots of coffee and backed goods with an assortment of soups, sandwiches and wraps.
- Farr's Famous Fried Chicken, 47 Ashworth Ave, ☏ . Farr's is famous and unique to Hampton Beach. The menu has everything from ribs and wings to chicken and meals and fried buckets.
- Guisseppie's Italian Sausage, 193 Ocean Blvd.
- Joe's New York Style Pizza, 71 Ocean Blvd, ☏ .
- La Bec Rouge, 73 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Winner of Best Of 2004 Seafood Fest
- Mama Leone's Restaurant, 113 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Serving classic Italian dinners, this restaurant is a favorite for frequent visitors of Hampton Beach. They serve Breakfast, lunch and dinner beginning in June. Located across from the children's playground.
- Millie's Tavern, 17 L St, ☏ . 11AM to 9PM weekdays and 11AM to 10PM on Fridays & Saturdays. Italian, Seafood, BBQ and more. Karaoke nights on Friday!
- Purple Urchin Restaurant, ☏ . Located on the 2nd level of Hampton Beach Casino.
- Sea Ketch restaurant, 127 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Seafood, steaks, sandwiches, salad and children's menus. Serving lunch and dinner, also live music!
- Whale's Tale Restaurant and Pub: (Hampton Beach Casino), ☏ .
- Harris Sea Ranch Motel, 75 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Ocean front hotel offering guest private balconies, kitchenettes, free continental breakfast, free on site parking, free Wifi. $79 and up.
- Aegean Motel, 345 Ocean Blvd (just across the street from the beach), ☏ .
- Drift Motel, 18 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . 24 studios and suites in the Island section. Heated pool, laundry room, ample parking. Full kitchens and private decks in most rooms. Open all year.
- Hampton House Hotel, 333 Ocean Blvd, toll-free: . Rooms with a view, open year round.
- Marguerite Motel, 112 Ashworth Ave (one street back from Hampton's Ocean Boulevard), toll-free: . Includes a family friendly pool. The rooms are spacious with a small kitchenette and bathroom.
- Riviera Motor Inn, 431 Ocean Blvd, ☏ . Each motel unit has an ocean view, wrap-around deck and bench seating outside. Open year round.
- Lamie's Inn & The Old Salt (Lamie's Inn), 490 Lafayette Rd (at the intersection of Route 1 & Route 27 in downtown Hampton), toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Continental breakfast included in price, free parking, free wi-fi, refrigerator, microwave, digital cable with HBO, fitness club privilages. Adjacent to the Old Salt Restaurant.
- Ashworth by the Sea, 295 Ocean Boulevard Hampton, NH 03842, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open year round, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
The nearby town of Salisbury has additional camping options.
- Hampton Beach State Park RV Campground, Route 1A (south of the main part of Hampton Beach), ☏ . Open from May–October. Has 28 sites and store right on the coast. No pets. $42-$47.
- Tidewater Campground, 160 Lafayette Rd, ☏ . Strictly family camping in a beautiful wooded area, swimming pool.
|Routes through Hampton|
|Portland ← Portsmouth ←||N S||→ Seabrook → Boston|
|Portland ← Portsmouth ←||N S||→ Seabrook → Boston|
|Manchester ← Exeter ←||W E||→ END|