Haywards Heath is a beautiful town in West Sussex. A good place to visit for a family fun day.
- 1 Haywards Heath train station. Has 4 platforms with services from many towns on the south coast, including the city Brighton. There are also trains going north towards Bedford and London Victoria.
There is an overlooking view on the southdowns.
- 1 Wakehurst Place, Ardingly, RH17 6TN, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. National Trust 16th-century country house and a mainly 20th-century garden, managed by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. It is home to the UK's largest decorated Christmas tree, a giant redwood lit with around 1,800 fairy lights from Advent to Twelfth Night.
- 2 Nymans House and Garden, Handcross, RH17 6EB, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Borde Hill Garden, Borde Hill Lane, RH16 1XP, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
There are lots of wonderful shops in the town center such a Jullion Graves and Mark and Spencers: lots of nice places to go shopping. There is also a leisure center there called the Dolphin and is very inexpensive.
There is also a large sainsburys supermarket near the train station.
The best place to eat is pizza express because it has the best proper pizzas or Euphesas kebabs, who said that typical British fayre is fish and chips has never been here. Kebabs and Indian are in here.
For those wanting to splurge a bit more, the broadwalk is packed full of up-market and trendy returants.
While nightlife in Haywards Heath isn't exactly bustling or the best in the area, there a few pubs in the town center, such as The Star and The Burrell Arms. Also is the Priory, that has bar nun for a dance bar, its not swamped with people but gets fairly busy Friday and Saturday, but best bet maybe between the Star and Burrell arms, about 8 to 10 bar/restaurant/cafes there. Stays pretty busy with people.
Bolney Wine Estate has produced wine for almost 50 years; vineyard tours available.
- Birch Inn (not too far away from the hospital).
- South to Burgess Hill
- East to Uckfield
- North to Crawley and Gatwick Airport
- West to Horsham, Wiston and the South Downs
|Routes through Haywards Heath|
|London ← Crawley/Gatwick Airport ←||N S||→ Brighton and Hove|