Hialeah is accessible from the 826 Palmetto Highway. The 103rd/49th Street Exit will take you to 49th Street, the major shopping thoroughfare in Hialeah.
Hialeah is easily accessible from the Miami International Airport. Taking Lejeune Road north will take you directly into the center of Hialeah.
The Tri-Rail commuter rail system has two stops in Hialeah: MetroRail transfer, and 4 Hialeah Market station. Tri-Rail connects to Miami Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, and West Palm Beach Airport.
Note that "Tri-Rail" station on MetroRail, and "MetroRail transfer" station on Tri-Rail, are in the same location, so you can transfer between the lines.
- 1 Hialeah Park race track. A historic horse racing track, opened in 1921. In 2001, the park was closed to the public. Although it has been designated as a historical site, no work has been done to restore the facilities and the stables were demolished.
- 1 Amelia Earhart Park (4th Avenue and East 65th Street). Open from sunrise to sunset. A great park for families in Hialeah. This is a Miami Dade park, and it has great activities, including:
- The Bill Graham Farm Village, including a petting zoo of farm animals, a pony ring, with rides for children and an old fashioned general store.
- Bark Park, a five-acre recreational area for your furry friends, including a separate section for smaller dogs, to whom admission is free.
- Picnic Shelters, four with BBQ, 1 large corporate size and also 2 Tents.
- Junior Sailing Program, for kids from ages 9-15, which allows the children to become trained in sailing.
- Mountain Bike trails, including beginner, intermediate and advanced trails. There is also a playground for children, including swings, jungle gyms, etc.
- 2 Milander Park (47th Street and Palm Avenue). Includes an auditorium, soccer fields, baseball and softball diamonds, tennis, basketball and racquetball courts.
- 3 Russell Bucky Dent park, 2250 W 60th Street. Features a swimming pool, a playground and lighted tennis courts. Also on the property is a recreation center, which offers visitors several racquetball and basketball courts, a fitness center and a food concession.
- 4 Babcock Park, 651 E. 4th Ave. Features swimming in the aquatic center, playing sports on the soccer, football or baseball field, and making crafts in the recreation center. Also inside is a fitness center, a gym and a food area.
- 1 49th Street. The major shopping area in Hialeah. Driving east from the Palmetto Expressway exit of Hialeah on 49th Street will expose you to strip malls and major stores such as Marshall's and TJ Maxx.
- 2 Westland Mall, 1675 W 49th Street (17th Ave), ☏ . Hosts Sears, Macy's and JCPenney departments stores. With over 100 other stores and restaurants in the mall.
- 3 Flamingo Plaza (East 10th Avenue and 9th Street). A bargain shopping center that consists of thrift stores, including Red White and Blue and the Salvation Army. The best place to hunt for treasures, including furniture, vintage clothing, housewares, books, records, jewelry, etc.
- 4 Opa-Locka Hialeah Flea Market (127th street and 42nd Avenue). Saturdays and Sundays, 5am-7pm. For more of a bargain.
There are several chains located on 49th Street, including Chili's (located inside of Westland Mall), Red Lobster, Denny's and Picadilly's.
- Jerry's and Joe's Pizzeria, 47 and Palm Avenue. On one of the few places to get authentic New York style pizza.
- La Carreta, West 16th Avenue and 53rd Street. For authentic Cuban fare, a Hialeah/Miami institution, with great and reasonably priced Cuban cuisine.
- Molina's Ranch Restaurant on 4100 E 8th Avenue..... for a great gallinita rellena.
One of the best watering holes and restaurants in South Florida is the Flanagan's chain, which has a location in Hialeah, located at 1550 W. 84th St. This is the best place hands down for a drink, bar food, and a burger or steak in Hialeah.
|Routes through Hialeah|
|Tampa ← Miramar ←||N S||→ Miami → END|
|Ocala ← Pembroke Pines ←||N S||→ Miami → END|
|END ← Medley ←||W E||→ Miami → Kendall|
|West Palm Beach ← Miami ←||N S||→ Miami International Airport → END|