Ocala is a city in North Central Florida. Here, rolling green pastures lead to crystal springs, gentle rivers and unspoiled lakes, and hundreds of horse farms gallop with thoroughbred natural charm and beauty.
Orlando, Tampa, and Jacksonville have the nearest international airports. Gainesville has a regional airport with some major airline service. Ocala is also home to the Ocala International Airport (KOCF) which serves many corporate and small private planes owners.
Most folks arrive here in their own vehicles or rental cars, from Interstates 75 or 95.
Ocala has the SunTran bus system.
- 1 Appleton Museum of Art, 4333 E Silver Springs Blvd, ☏ , fax: . Tuesday through Saturday - 10:00AM through 5:00PM, Sunday - 12:00PM through 5:00PM, Monday - Closed. $8.
- Circle Square Cultural Center, 8395 SW 80th Street, ☏ . This fabulous auditorium at Circle Square Commons is Ocala's largest indoor venue for all forms of entertainment including performances by internationally known entertainers, theatrical productions, concerts, dances, meetings, conventions, and more.
- 2 Silver Springs State Park, 5656 E Silver Springs Blvd, ☏ , ✉ Info@SilverSprings.com. 8AM-sundown. Glass bottom boat tours: 10AM-5PM. Is a state park located off of US40 and Baseline Rd. The park features trails, numerous outdoor activities, and Silver River Museum. The park has one of the few remaining and restored one-room school houses built for African-Americans during the segregation era. In 2013, Silver River State Park and the Silver Springs attraction, known for its glass-bottom boats, were merged to form Silver Springs State Park.
Ocala and Marion County is known as the horse capital of the world, with more than 70,000 acres of horse farms, many equestrian venues, and miles of horse riding trails.
Nature abounds in and around Ocala. Many lakes, streams, springs, rivers, and parks are perfect for fishing. Ocala National Forest is popular during hunting season, and golfers will find some of the most challenging courses in Florida in and around Ocala.
Harrys on the square offers good food at a reasonable price and there are several good pizza places that have good food as well. Pronto Pizza, Little Joeys, Sammy's, Dan Zanno's (on pine next to the police station) and Lorenzos being just a few of the best this small town has to offer. Amrit Palace is well known in North Central Florida for Indian food. Charlie Horse on the boulevard is a fabulous place for burgers and serves food until 1am. At 9pm, they also have karaoke and an outdoor deck with live entertainment.
- 1 Hilton Ocala, 3600 SW 36th Avenue. Is in Central Florida along with Marion County's famous horse farms. The hotel located on a tree filled six acres, complete with its own paddock. The 196 elegantly appointed rooms and suites offer all of the amenities to make you feel comfortable.
- Best Western Ocala Park Centre, 3701 SW 38th Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Courtyard Ocala, 3712 SW 38th Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Fairfield Inn Ocala, 4101 S.W. 38th Court, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1212 S. Pine Ave, ☏ .
- Ocala Microtel Inn & Suites, 1770 SW 134th Street, ☏ , fax: .
- Ramada Inn, 3810 Northwest Blitchton Road, ☏ .
- Hilton Ocala, 3600 SW 36th Avenue, ☏ . Family, wedding, meeting, event or romantic destination in the heart of Horse Country near Orlando. Newly renovated hotel with pet friendly rooms available.
- Golden Palms Inn & Suites, 3767 Northwest Blitchton Road, ☏ .
|Routes through Ocala|
|Macon ← Gainesville ←||N S||→ Wildwood → Tampa|
|Columbus ← Tallahassee ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Clermont → Miami|