This article also covers Biratori town.(平取町)
On 2006, the town of Monbetsu was merged into the old Hidaka, giving rise to the current Hidaka town. The town's area is divided into two: Hidaka ward in the north and Monbetsu ward in the south. The town of Biratori left the merger talks and remained a separate town.
Dōnan Bus operates Highway bus (Intercity bus) services.
- "Highway Pegasus" (高速ペガサス号) - From Sapporo to Urakawa via Monbetsu ward with 7-8 round trips per day. It must be booked.
- "Highway Hidaka" (高速ひだか号) - From Sapporo to Hidaka ward via Monbetsu ward and Biratori town with a round trip per day.
- "Highway Urakawa" (高速うらかわ号) - From New Chitose Airport to Urakawa via Tomakomai and Monbetsu ward with a round trip per day.
- "Express Hidaka" (特急ひだか号) - From Tomakomai to Hidaka ward via Monbetsu ward and Biratori town with a round trip per day.
There is another local bus service, from Shimukappu to Hidaka ward.
Hidaka Expressway connects with Tomakomai to the west. The eastern terminus is the Hidaka-Atsuga IC. There are plans to extend the expressway east to Urakawa.
National Route 235 passes through Monbetsu ward on its way from Tomakomai to Urakawa. National Route 237 runs from Furano to Monbetsu ward. National Route 274 passes through Hidaka ward on its way from Yubari to Tokachi.
- 1 Nibutani Ainu Culture Museum (二風谷アイヌ文化博物館), 55 Nibutani, Biratori-chō 平取町二風谷55, ☏ , fax: . 09:00-17:00. Display of the materials of Ainu culture. ¥400.
- 1 Hidaka International Ski Area (日高国際スキー場), Tomioka, Hidaka-cho (日高町字富岡), ☏ .
- 2 Monbetsu Hot Spring (門別温泉 とねっこの湯), 150-223, Tomihama, Hidaka-cho (日高町字富浜223番地150), ☏ . 10:00-20:30. ¥500.
- 3 Monbetsu Racecourse (門別競馬場), 1-210, Monbetsu-Honmachi, Hidaka-cho (日高町門別本町210番地の1), ☏ , fax: . This racecourse holds horse races. It is operated by the Hokkaido Prefecture.
- 1 Toyosato Mumin-mura Youth Hostel (豊郷夢民村ユースホステル), 115 Toyosato, Hidaka-cho (日高町字豊郷115), ☏ , fax: . The hostel is surrounded by ranch horses. Dormitory stay ¥3255 (YH member), breakfast ¥630, dinner ¥1050.
- 2 Saru-gawa onsen Hidaka kōgensō (沙流川温泉 ひだか高原荘), 1-444, Tomioka, Hidaka-chō (日高町字富岡444-1), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Spa hotel beside ski area. Two meals from ¥7,600, hot spring bathing ¥500.
|Routes through Hidaka|
|Tomakomai ←||W E||→ Niikappu → Samani|