Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:31PM local time and lasts 3 min. Chances of a clear sky are 50%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio then through Texas into Arkansas.
- Raye Theater, ☏ . A restored 1940s movie theater which shows first-run movies.
- Medina County Museum, 2202 18th St. A one-block complex of exhibits on local history, including a 1942 barracks from Hondo Air Base.
- 777 Exotic Game Ranch, Private Rd. 5327 (off County Road 531 just west of town), ☏ . This 15,000 acre hunting ranch has 55 species of exotic wild game from four continents. Safari-style hunts are available by reservation. The ranch also offers accommodation at its lodge.
- South Texas Maize, ☏ . Get lost in a massive labyrinth cut into a tall cornfield. Kid's play area and concession stand are also on the premises.
- Sherry's Arts & Crafts, 202 18th St E # 11, ☏ .
- Billy Bob's Backyard BarBQ, 1905 19th St, ☏ .
- Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant, 1219 19th St, ☏ .
- El Restaurante Azteca, 1708 Avenue K, ☏ . Cheap but good Mexican food.
- Hondo Executive Inn, 101 A 19th St, ☏ .
- Best Western Hondo Inn, 301 US-90 E, ☏ .
|Routes through Hondo|
|Del Rio ← Sabinal ←||W E||→ Castroville → San Antonio|
|Kerrville ← Bandera ←||N S||→ Jct N S → Jourdanton|