Jump to navigation Jump to search
- From the south, take Exit 50 on I-95 to US-1 North. After about 4.4 miles, turn right onto Ipswich Rd. Continue for 4 miles to arrive in downtown Ipswich.
- From the north, take Exit 54 on I-95 to route 133 then turn left. Continue on 133 East for about 7 miles to arrive in downtown Ipswich.
- Mass Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) provides rail service between Ipswich and Boston via the Newburyport/Rockport line  The fare is $6.75.
- Logan International Airport in Boston and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Castle Hill, Argilla Road, ☏ . Daily 8AM-sunset. Historical estate and nature preserve.
- Ipswich Historical Society, 54 South Main Street, ☏ . Historic houses and more.
- Wolf Hollow, 114 Essex Road, ☏ , fax: . Hour long presentations Sa,Su 1:30PM (weather permitting). See wolves and learn about them. $6.00 Adults, $5.00 Seniors, $4.50 Children (Ages 3-17).
- 1 Crane Beach, Argilla Road, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 8AM-dusk. A 1200 acre reservation of beachfront, dunes and maritime forests with 5.5 miles of raised boardwalk trails. Crane Beach's annual sand sculpture competition "Sandblast!" is held every August. In-season: Lifeguards and rangers, bike rack, bathhouses with toilets and changing area, outside showers, Store (refreshments and merchandise), picnic tables, drinking water fountains, transportation for mobility-impaired and challenged visitors. Off-season: portable toilets.
- Willowdale State Park, Linebrook Road (Main entrance off of Route 1 near Hood Pond), ☏ . Hiking, mountain biking and cross-country skiing on 40 miles of trails, fishing and boating on Hood Pond.
Arts & Culture
- IpswichArts.com. Official Arts & Culture Website : Ipswich, Massachusetts
- Historic Ipswich. With more First Period houses than any town in the country, Ipswich is America's best-preserved Puritan town, and prides itself on being the "Birthplace of American Independence." The Town Historian publishes a popular website and leads historic tours throughout the warmer months.
- Ipswich Pottery. Fine pottery
- [dead link] Mimi Gifts. Artful gifts for you and your home
- [dead link] Otisrein. A variety of media including hand-painted ceramics, wood-block prints, and oil paintings
- Zenobia. An emporium
- 1640 Hart House, 51 Linebrook Road, ☏ . Restaurant & Tavern. Lunch, Dinner. Built in 1640, the house, originally one-room, is one of the oldest in the country.
- Choate Bridge Pub and Restaurant, 3 South Main Street, ☏ .
- Eddie's Restaurant, 40 Essex Rd (Rte 133), ☏ .
- Ithaki Mediterranean Cuisine, 25 Hammatt Street, ☏ .
- [dead link] Marco Polo Restaurant and Lounge, 141 High Street, ☏ .
- Zabaglione Restaurant, 10 Central St, ☏ .
- 1 Clam Box of Ipswich, 246 High Street, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Fried seafood of all New England types. $$.
- Inn At Castle Hill, 280 Argilla Rd, ☏ .
- Arbor Inn Motel, 153 High St, ☏ .
- Paws with Inn Too, 189 High St, ☏ .
|Routes through Ipswich|
|Newburyport ← Rowley ←||N S||→ Topsfield → Boston|
|Newburyport ← Rowley ←||N S||→ Hamilton → Boston|
|Georgetown ← Rowley ←||W E||→ Essex → Gloucester|
|Beverly ← Hamilton ←||SW NE||→ Rowley → Newburyport|