North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Northeast Massachusetts > North Shore (Massachusetts) > Ipswich (Massachusetts)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- From the south, take Exit 50 on I-95 to US-1 North. After about 4.4 miles, turn right onto Ipswich Rd. Continue for 4 miles to arrive in downtown Ipswich.
- From the north, take Exit 54 on I-95 to route 133 then turn left. Continue on 133 East for about 7 miles to arrive in downtown Ipswich.
- Mass Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) provides rail service between Ipswich and Boston via the Newburyport/Rockport line  The fare is $6.75.
- Logan International Airport in Boston and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Castle Hill, Argilla Road, ☎ . Daily 8AM-sunset. Historical estate and nature preserve.
- Ipswich Historical Society, 54 South Main Street, ☎ . Historic houses and more.
- Wolf Hollow, 114 Essex Road, ☎ , fax: . Hour long presentations Sa,Su 1:30PM (weather permitting). See wolves and learn about them. $6.00 Adults, $5.00 Seniors, $4.50 Children (Ages 3-17).
- 1 Crane Beach, Argilla Road, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 8AM-dusk. A 1200 acre reservation of beachfront, dunes and maritime forests with 5.5 miles of raised boardwalk trails. Crane Beach's annual sand sculpture competition "Sandblast!" is held every August. In-season: Lifeguards and rangers, bike rack, bathhouses with toilets and changing area, outside showers, Store (refreshments and merchandise), picnic tables, drinking water fountains, transportation for mobility-impaired and challenged visitors. Off-season: portable toilets.
- Willowdale State Park, Linebrook Road (Main entrance off of Route 1 near Hood Pond), ☎ . Hiking, mountain biking and cross-country skiing on 40 miles of trails, fishing and boating on Hood Pond.
Arts & Culture
- IpswichArts.com. Official Arts & Culture Website : Ipswich, Massachusetts
- Ipswich375.org. Ipswich celebrated its 375th Anniversary with special events, talks, tours, outdoor activities, and performances that recognize and promote the town’s rich heritage, diversity, and community, and persuade visitors to discover historic Ipswich in 2009. 
- Ipswich Pottery. Fine pottery
- Mimi Gifts. Artful gifts for you and your home
- Otisrein. A variety of media including hand-painted ceramics, wood-block prints, and oil paintings
- Zenobia. An emporium
- 1640 Hart House, 51 Linebrook Road, ☎ . Restaurant & Tavern. Lunch, Dinner. Built in 1640, the house, originally one-room, is one of the oldest in the country.
- Choate Bridge Pub and Restaurant, 3 South Main Street, ☎ .
- Eddie's Restaurant, 40 Essex Rd (Rte 133), ☎ .
- Ithaki Mediterranean Cuisine, 25 Hammatt Street, ☎ .
- Marco Polo Restaurant and Lounge, 141 High Street, ☎ .
- Zabaglione Restaurant, 10 Central St, ☎ .
- 1 Clam Box of Ipswich, 246 High Street, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fried seafood of all New England types. $$.
- Inn At Castle Hill, 280 Argilla Rd, ☎ .
- Arbor Inn Motel, 153 High St, ☎ .
- Paws with Inn Too, 189 High St, ☎ .
|Routes through Ipswich|
|Newburyport ← Rowley ←||N S||→ Topsfield → Boston|
|Newburyport ← Rowley ←||N S||→ Hamilton → Boston|
|Georgetown ← Rowley ←||W E||→ Essex → Gloucester|
|Beverly ← Hamilton ←||SW NE||→ Rowley → Newburyport|