The Isle of Sheppey is part of Kent, England.
The island is separated from the British mainland by a channel called The Swale. Sheerness is an industrial port town and the remainder of the island to the east is more rural.
The A249 is the main road from the mainland via the Sheppey Crossing.
There are trains and buses from Sittingbourne. Walkers and cyclists can use the older Kingsferry Crossing which is a lifting bridge.
- 1 Elmley Nature Reserve, 1 Kings Hill Cottages, Elmley, Minster on Sea, ME12 3RW, ☏ +44 1795 664896. A national nature reserve which is great for bird-watching. They have a range of glamping accommodation. Glamping £90.
- 2 Eastchurch Aviation Museum, Wright's Way, HMP Standford Hill, Eastchurch, ME12 4AA. Tu, Th–Sa 10AM–3PM. Volunteer run aviation history museum.
There are Blue Flag beaches at Minster and Leysdown.
- Sheerness has Tesco and Aldi supermarkets, near the station.
- Sheerness has a few restaurants and cafes.
- There are cafes along the seafront in Minster and Leysdown.
There are several caravan parks on the Isle of Sheppey, but these mainly have long term pitches for caravans owned by weekenders, with only a few pitches for visitors.
- 1 The Shurland Hotel, 79-81 High St, Eastchurch, ME12 4EH. from £60.
- 2 Warden Springs Caravan Park. Touring pitches for caravans and tents, next the sea. Tavern and outdoor swimming pool. from £15.
As of May 2022, Sheerness and the west side of the island have 4G from all UK carriers. Coverage on the east side is patchy, O2 has the best signal. 5G has not reached this area.