Islip (pronounced "ICE-lip") is a town on Long Island in the state of New York. It includes the villages of Brightwaters, Islandia, Ocean Beach and Saltaire. It also includes numerous hamlets including Bay Shore and Sayville which are ferry terminals for Fire Island. Other prominent communities are Bayport, Brentwood, Central Islip, Hauppauge, Islip village, and Ronkonkoma.
- MacArthur Airport, 100 Arrivals Avenue, Ronkonkoma (Islip), ☎ . Currently served only by American Airlines (Philadelphia) and Southwest Airlines (Baltimore/Washington, Chicago-Midway, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach).
- Liberty Jet Management, 1965 Smithtown Avenue, Ronkonkoma (Islip), ☎ . Offers private jet charter services.
- 1 Sagtikos Manor, Montauk Highway and Manor Lane, West Bay Shore (Robert Moses Causeway South to Exit RM27A Bay Shore. Turn right onto Rt 27A and continue east approximately 1/2 mile. Entrance to Manor on left), ☎ . Tour hours: June, Sun, 1-4PM, Jul and Aug, Sun, Wed and Thu, 1-4PM. built in 1697 served briefly as headquarters for the British army during the Revolutionary War. President George Washington stayed there during his tour of Long Island in 1790. Take a tour of the Manor House led by costumed docents and stroll through the grounds and nearby Gardiner County Park.
- 2 Heckscher State Park, Heckscher Parkway Field 1, East Islip. 1,657-acre park
- 3 Long Island Maritime Museum, 88 West Avenue, West Sayville. Maritime museum located in several historic buildings including the Rudolph Oyster House, as well as the ships Priscilla and Modesty, all of which are National Historic Landmarks
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island, 2050 Express Drive South (Long Island Expressway Exit 56), ☎ .
- Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport, 5000 Express Drive South, ☎ , fax: .
- Hyatt Regency Long Island, 1717 Motor Parkway, ☎ .
- Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, 850 Veterans Memorial Hwy, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Holiday Inn, 3845 Veterans Memorial Highway, ☎ .
|Routes through Islip|
|Babylon ← Bay Shore ←||W E||→ Sayville → Montauk|
|Babylon ← Becomes Babylon Branch ← Bay Shore ←||W E||→ Sayville → Montauk|
|Hicksville ← Melville ←||W E||→ Ronkonkoma → Greenport|