North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Metro New York > Long Island > Suffolk County (New York) > Islip
Islip is a town on Long Island in the state of New York. It includes the villages of Brightwaters, Islandia, Ocean Beach and Saltaire. It also includes numerous hamlets including Bayshore and Sayville which are ferry terminals for Fire Island.
Villages and hamlets
- Bay Shore
- Central Islip
- East Islip
- Great River
- Hauppauge - partially in Smithtown
- Holbrook - partially in Brookhaven
- Holtsville - partially in Brookhaven
- Islip (village)
- Islip Terrace
- Lake Ronkonkoma
- North Bay Shore
- North Great River
- West Bay Shore
- West Islip - partially in Babylon
- West Sayville
- MacArthur Airport, 100 Arrivals Avenue, Ronkonkoma (Islip), ☎ . Currently served only by American Airlines (Philadelphia) and Southwest Airlines (Baltimore/Washington, Chicago-Midway, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach).
- Sagtikos Manor, Montauk Highway and Manor Lane, West Bay Shore (Robert Moses Causeway South to Exit RM27A Bay Shore. Turn right onto Rt 27A and continue east approximately 1/2 mile. Entrance to Manor on left), ☎ . Tour hours: June, Sun, 1-4PM, Jul and Aug, Sun, Wed and Thu, 1-4PM. built in 1697 served briefly as headquarters for the British army during the Revolutionary War. President George Washington stayed there during his tour of Long Island in 1790. Take a tour of the Manor House led by costumed docents and stroll through the grounds and nearby Gardiner County Park.
- Hyatt Regency Long Island, 1717 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge, ☎ .