By car, Jackson is located just off of OH-32. Accessible from the north (Columbus area) by taking US-23 south through Circleville and Chillicothe , then taking US-35 towards Jackson. From the west (Cincinnati area) take OH-32 east.
By plane, the closest airports to Jackson are Port-Columbus International and Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport.
- Hammertown Lake.
- Lake Alma.
- Jackson County Apple Festival which is held annually each September for a week.
- Bob Evans, 770 E Main Street, ☎ .
- Cardo's Pizza, 19 W South Street, ☎ . Best pizza and sandwiches in town.
- Dakota's Roadhouse, 451 Mccarty Ln, ☎ .
- Michael's Ice Cream, 223 E Main Street, ☎ . An old-fashioned ice cream parlor that's got the best ice cream in town. Be sure to try out a Jackson County Bubble or a Jackson County veal.
- Pizza Pub & Patio, 1 W Broadway St, ☎ . Wellston, OH
- The Colonial Restaurant, 181 E Main Street, ☎ .
- Toro Loco, 791 E Main Street, ☎ . Very good Mexican food with a daily all-you-can-eat lunch buffet
- Johnny's Sports Lounge, 601 E Main Street, ☎ .
- The Corner Pub, 201 E Broadway Street, ☎ .
- Comfort Inn of Jackson, 605 E. Main Street, ☎ .
- Days Inn of Jackson, 972 E. Main Street, ☎ .
- Fairgreens Country Cabins, 601 Fairgreens Road, ☎ .
- Knights Inn of Jackson, 404 Chillicothe Street, ☎ .
- Red Roof Inn of Jackson, 1000 Acy Avenue, ☎ .
- Cincinnati, OH - appx. 2 hr drive
- Columbus, OH - appx. 1.5 hr drive
- Huntington, WV - appx. 2 hr drive
- Charleston, WV - appx. 3 hr drive
- Ashland, KY - appx. 1.5 hr drive
- Portsmouth, OH - appx. 1 hr drive
|Routes through Jackson|
|Dayton ← Chillicothe ←||W E||→ Gallipolis → Charleston|