By car, Jackson is located just off of OH-32. Accessible from the north (Columbus area) by taking US-23 south through Circleville and Chillicothe , then taking US-35 towards Jackson. From the west (Cincinnati area) take OH-32 east.
By plane, the closest airports to Jackson are Port-Columbus International and Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport.
- Hammertown Lake.
- Lake Alma.
- 1 Leo Petroglyph.
- 2 Buckeye Furnace Covered Bridge.
- Byer Covered Bridge.
- Johnson Road Covered Bridge.
- 3 Welsh-American Heritage Museum (Oak Hill Welsh Congregational Church), 412 E Main St. A museum for Americans of Welsh heritage.
- 4 Jefferson Furnace. This historic furnace made iron for the Civil War Ironclad, The Monitor.
- Jackson County Apple Festival. Held annually each September for a week..
- 1 Lake Katharine State Nature Preserve.
- Cardo's Pizza, 19 W South Street, ☏ . Best pizza and sandwiches in town.
- Dakota's Roadhouse, 451 Mccarty Ln, ☏ .
- Michael's Ice Cream, 223 E Main Street, ☏ . An old-fashioned ice cream parlor that's got the best ice cream in town. Be sure to try out a Jackson County Bubble or a Jackson County veal.
- Pizza Pub & Patio, 1 W Broadway St, ☏ . Wellston, OH
- The Colonial Restaurant, 181 E Main Street, ☏ .
- Toro Loco, 791 E Main Street, ☏ . Very good Mexican food with a daily all-you-can-eat lunch buffet
- Johnny's Sports Lounge, 601 E Main Street, ☏ .
- The Corner Pub, 201 E Broadway Street, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn of Jackson, 605 E. Main Street, ☏ .
- Days Inn of Jackson, 972 E. Main Street, ☏ .
- Fairgreens Country Cabins, 601 Fairgreens Road, ☏ .
- Knights Inn of Jackson, 404 Chillicothe Street, ☏ .
- Red Roof Inn of Jackson, 1000 Acy Avenue, ☏ .
- Jackson City Library, 21 Broadway St, ☏ .
- Cincinnati, Ohio - appx. 2 hr drive
- Columbus, Ohio - appx. 1.5 hr drive
- Huntington, West Virginia - appx. 2 hr drive
- Charleston, West Virginia - appx. 3 hr drive
- Ashland, Kentucky - appx. 1.5 hr drive
- Portsmouth, Ohio - appx. 1 hr drive
|Routes through Jackson|
|Dayton ← Chillicothe ←||W E||→ Gallipolis → Charleston|
|Cincinnati ← Batavia ←||W E||→ Athens → Parkersburg|