East Jakarta is in Jakarta. Industrial Quarter of the city, and the location of Taman Mini Indonesia Indah where you can see parts of Indonesia's multiethnic community in 1 park, also crafted good at Utan Kayu art community, Cibubur camping ground, and Jakarta's 2nd airport, Halim Perdanakusuma airport
Despite the location of Halim Perdana Kusuma International Airport (IATA: HLP) right at the city, the airport is used by military, VVIP, private jets, and pilot trainings. Increasingly, some services by Citilink, a low cost subsidiary of Garuda Indonesia, starts flocking between the airport and some major cities in Indonesia. DAMRI also operates bus services to Rawamangun Bus Terminal for Rp 20,000; to Pulogebang (Bekasi), Gambir Station, & Bekasi for Rp 25,000; and to Depok, Bogor's Botany Square, and Soekarno Hatta Airport for Rp 30,000. There are also taxi services operating here.
Most other carriers still use the Soekarno Hatta International Airport. There are half-hourly bus services to Pulo Gadung, Rawamangun, and Kampung Rambutan bus terminals.
Most long distance and all commuter line trains stop at Jatinegara Station.
Transjakarta bus Line 9 goes along the Inner Ring Toll Road to Pinang Ranti terminal, its feeder route (line 9A) travels to Cililitan from Grogol. Line 10 heads from Tanjung Priok to many areas around town, while Line 5 travels from Ancol and along Matraman to Kampung Rambutan bus terminal.
- Heroes/"Perjuangan Rakyat Jatinegara", on Jatinegara triangle park, East Jakarta. This statue commemorated the heroic struggle for Indonesian Independence by Jatinegara residence in 1945.
- Pancasila, on Taman Mini Indonesia Indah complex. This statue commemorated the declaration of Indonesian five basic principles (Pancasila) on June 1, 1945.
- Gajah Mada, Telecommunication Museum at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah Complex. You might wonder what Gajah Mada has to do with telecommunications. The "Sumpah Palapa" as stated by him that says the Indonesian archipelago will be united, came true in the 1970s with the launch of a satellite named Palapa, enabling broadcast & phone connectivity within all parts of the country.
- Lubang Buaya, Jl. Lubang Buaya. Marks the site where an alleged failed coup d'état by Partai Komunis Indonesia (Indonesian Communist Party) met its end in 1965, alongside the bodies of several high-ranking generals who are believed to have been tortured to death.
There are several museums inside Taman Mini Indonesia Indah complex. Website: Museum.
- Telecommunication Museum, from telegraph to satellite.
- Science Museum.
- Military Museum (Museum Keprajuritan).
- Stamp Museum.
- Transportation Museum, cars, trains, cart.
- Energy Museum, electric equipments, oil drilling etc.
- Sports Museum.
- Insect Museum.
- Asmat Museum, Asmat is a tribe from Irian Jaya/Papua.
- Museum Purna Bhakti Pertiwi, houses souvenirs of former president Soeharto, received as gifts from domestic conglomerates and world leaders.
In addition to museums, there are several other attractions within the compound. They include:
- Golden Snail Theater
- Indonesia Archipelago Miniature
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah ( Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park) ( stop: Pinang Ranti). An idea by former first lady Tien Soeharto in the 1970s is to built a park to present and preserve Indonesia's diversity of its 27 provinces (now 34). What results now is a pavilion of each province with different buildings (rumah adat) and detailed information about each respective cultures, knowledge museums, theaters (an IMAX and a performing arts), and a children play park. Get around the park using the monorail, the gondola, the mini train, or rent a bike. Regular performances at selected provincial pavilions and museums, and the theaters. Due to Taman Mini area is vast (about 100 hectares or 250 acres), to see all venues need more than one day, good planning should be done and the various (many kinds) of ticket can be seen at http://www.tamanmini.com/page/tiket If have a plan to see Taman Mini for more than one day, 2 hostel avalaible maybe should be considered. Rp10,000 per person (from 3 years old); plus Rp10,000 per car; plus Rp6,000 per motorcycle; additional entry fee applies to each attractions.
- SnowBay Waterpark, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah. A concept of playing with water in the Arctic (no, the water is not even close to frigid). Highlights include the infamous Hurricane funnel, sit on a flotation device and be swirled several times before emptied to the water below.
Despite the lack of playground attractions, the area hosts some of the best golf courses in Jakarta.
- Jakarta Golf Club, Jl. Rawamangun Muka Raya no. 1, ☎ . The oldest course in Jakarta (1872). Thoughtful and precise approach to the putt.
- Padang Golf Halim, Jl. Skadron Halim Perdana Kusuma, ☎ . , Very close to the airport. Started as the Air Force’s first golf course, now known for its low fees, yet challenging course (high trees, tricky greens). 36 holes (divided into 2 parts).
- Royale Jakarta Golf Club, Jl. Raya Halim Tiga, Halim Perdanakusuma, ☎ . 27 golf holes (North, West, South has 9 holes each). Most require long shots. The restaurant and bar overlooks the court. The most complete facility.
- Arion Plaza, Jl. Pemuda Kav. 3-4, Rawamangun, East Jakarta, ☎ .
- Cibubur Junction, Pusdika St. Cibubur, Ciracas, Jakarta City 13720.
- Grha Cijantung, Jl. Pendidikan #1, Jl. Raya Bogor Km 24. Cijantung, Jakarta 13770.
- Mall Klender (Formerly Mall Citra), Jl. I. Gusti Ngurah Rai, Klender, Jakarta 13470.
- Plaza Jatinegara, Jatinegara Plaza 1, Jl. Matraman Raya No. 173-175, East Jakarta.
- Plaza Kramat Jati Indah, Jl. Raya Bogor Km. 1, Jatinegara, Jakarta 13510.
- Taman Mini Plaza (Tamini), Taman Mini Raya St. No. 15,Pinang Ranti Village, Makasar, Jakarta 13560
- BreadMart (Bread Mart Pasar roti), JL Kolonel sugiono No 39 C, Duren Sawit. Modern bakery.
- Gian Kali Malang, Jl Kali Malang.
- Taman Kuring, Jl Raya Jatinegara Tmr 85 Jakarta. Tel :. +62 21 851-6966. Seafood restaurant. Menu: fish, crab, prawn, salad. Price: approx. US$ 6/person.
- Sea Food 99, Jl. Pondok Gede Raya 30, Jakarta, ☎ . Menu: fish, scallops, crab, salad. approx. US$ 7/person.
- Handayani Prima, Jl. Matraman Raya No. 45, ☎ . East Javanese restaurant. Menu: fried chicken, chicken satay, oxtail soup, kol nenek, oseng-oseng lorjuk, lemburi, kerapu fish. approx. US$ 6/person.
- Ny Soeharti, Jl. Pemuda 3A, Rawamangun, East Jakarta, ☎ . Traditional fried chicken chain. Menu: fried chicken, gudeg, fried rice. approx. US$ 4/person.
- Ponyo, Jl. Tongkol 10, Klender. East Jakarta, ☎ . Sundanese restaurant. Menu: salad, grilled fish, fried chicken. approx. US$ 6/person.
- Wong Solo, Jl. Raya Kalimalang Blok A2 No. 8/9 Pondok Kelapa, ☎ . Traditional grilled chicken chain. Menu: grilled chicken, fried fish, prawn, tom yam, salad. Opening hours: 10.00 AM to 10.30 PM. approx. US$ 4/person.
- Anggrek Bar, Jl Bekasi Tmr Raya 9, Cipinang, Jakarta 13350, ☎ .
Unfortunately, considering the sheer size of the area, few hotels stand in this area. Most of the areas are used for residential or industrial purposes, not many tourist attractions exist.
- Grha Wisata Youth Hostel, ☎ , fax: . A backpacker style hotel provided by the government. Half price for students. 20-people bunk-bed dorm from Rp20,000. Air-conditioned doubles from Rp50,000.
- favehotel Pusat Grosir Cililitan, Jl. Mayjen Sutoyo No.76,, ☎ . One of the best budget options for staying in the region. Boutique style hotel and rooms. Limited breakfast options but satisfactory. From Rp275,000.
- Ibis Jakarta Cawang, Jl. M.T. Haryono no. 9, ☎ . Probably the best hotel in East Jakarta. The local brand has already made you safe staying here. Good rooms, good options for breakfast. From Rp500,000.
- Mega Matra, Jl. Matraman Raya No. 115,, ☎ . At the main street of East Jakarta. The hotel looks grim at the outside, slightly better on the inside. Small coffee shop and noisy lounge for a night out downstairs. from Rp400,000.
- Park Hotel, Jl DI Pandjaitan Kav 5-7, ☎ . One of the best hotel options for East Jakarta. Right next to the toll road. Room size may be small. Terrace Café for breakfast, Skyy rooftop bar for a night cocktail. From Rp750,000.
- Hotel Sentra Jakarta, Jalan Pramuka Raya Kav. 63-64. A simple hotel in East Jakarta. Modest rooms. From Rp575,000.
- Ambulance: 118.
- Police: 110.
- East Jakarta Police station: Jl. Matraman Raya No. 224, Tel.: +62 21 819 1476, +62 21 8191478.
List of hospitals with 24 hours emergency room (ER):
- RSU Pusat Persahabatan, Jl. Persahabatan Raya, Rawamangun Jakarta Timur, Tel. +62 21 489 1708, Fax: +62 21 471 1222.
- RSU Daerah Pasar Rebo, Jl. Raya Condet No. 30, Jakarta Timur, Tel.: +62 21 840 0109, +62 21 8401127, +62 21 84011049, +62 21 8411159.
- RSU Daerah Budhi Asih, Jl . Dewi Sartika Cawang 111/200 Jakarta Timur, Tel. +62 21 8092482, +62 21 8090282, +62 21 8009157, Fax.: +62 21 8009157.
- RS Mitra Keluarga, Jl . Raya Jatinegara Timur No. 87 Jakarta 13310, Tel. +62 21 2800666, +62 21 2800888, +62 21 2800999, Fax.: +62 21 280075.
- RS Kartika Pulo Mas, Jl. Pulo Mas Timur K, Blok G-H C/I, Pulo Mas, Tel. +62 21 471 4793, Fax.: +62 21 470 3333.