North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Southern Tier > Chautauqua County > Jamestown (New York)
Although Jamestown is a small city, it is the largest in Chautauqua County. It has cold, snowy winters and mild summers, even cool at night sometimes in August.
- Chautauqua County/Jamestown Airport (JHW IATA). Served by Sun Air Express.
You will need a car as public transportation is very very limited.
- Chautauqua Lake
- The Lucy-Desi Museum, 212 Pine St, ☎ . Celebrates the lives and entertainment careers of Jamestown-native Lucille Ball and her co-star husband Desi Arnaz through interactive displays, personal belongings and video screenings.
- Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History, 311 Curtis St. Is a national center for nature education named for the award-winning naturalist and author of a popular series of natural history field guides. Featured are nature exhibits as well as wildlife art and photography. Trails and a butterfly garden are on the 27 wooded acres. Call (716) 665-2473 for more information.
- Northwest Arena, 319 West Third Street. features open ice skating, hockey, concerts, indoor soccer leagues, and much more
- Chautauqua Mall, Lakewood, NY.
- Alfie's, 986 Fairmount Ave. Known for great fish and amazing breakfasts.
- Forte, 114 East 3rd Street, ☎ . Jamestown, NY 14701. Eclectic American fare. Sushi. Homemade unique desserts.
- Johnny's Lunch, 966 Fairmount Ave, ☎ . Local fast food.
- Lisciandro's Restaurant.
- The Pub.
- Good Buffalo-style wings including at Wings ' Things on E. Second.
- Wine Cellar, 309 N Main St., ☎ . The epitome of J-town culture. Not to be missed.
- The Cherry Lounge, 326 Cherry St., ☎ . Awesome wings, great atmosphere!
- Holiday Inn, 150 West Fourth St, ☎ .
- Best Western, 200 W 3rd Street, ☎ , fax: .
- Hampton Inn, 4 W Oak Hill Rd.
|Routes through Jamestown|
|Ends at W E ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Salamanca → Elmira|
|Dunkirk ← Fredonia ←||N S||→ Ends at|