- 1 Elmira Corning Regional Airport (ELM IATA). Flights from Orlando, St. Petersburg, Detroit, Newark, Washington–Dulles.
- 1 Woodlawn Cemetery, 1200 Walnut St, ☏ . Visit writer Mark Twain and movie producer Hal Roach. Open year round. Free.
- The Mark Twain Study, Park Place, ☏ . May through Labor Day, M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su noon-5PM; Labor Day through mid-October, Sa 9AM-5PM, Su noon-5PM. By appointment in the off season.. A gift from his sister in 1874, the study has been moved from its original location at Quarry Farm to the campus of Elmira College. Twain wrote portions of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and other works in this small building.
- Nearby Arnot Mall, anchored by JCPenney, Sears, The Bon-Ton, and Burlington Coat Factory, is the only indoor super-regional mall in a 50 mile radius. Also, several power centers and big box stores are located within the mall's vicinity.
One of Elmira's true contributions to world cuisine can be found on Baldwin Street, and is an old-style lunch counter diner known as M&M RedHots. They have an entire menu, but locals & tourists come mostly for the hot dogs. A dog 'with everything' comes with cheese, mustard, onions, and their unique blend of meat sauce (not chili). Watch the hours because the restaurant is only open on weekdays.
- Lib's Supper Club, 106 West 5th Street. Large portions and nice bar area.
- [dead link] D-‘s Pierogi Place, 810 East Church St (at Harriett St). Tu-Sa 11AM-7PM. The most interesting place in Elmira serves authentic Polish cuisine. Opened in 2014 in accomodations with a rather sober ambience, patrons have a choice between single or combination platters including wonderful cabbage rolls or custom filled pierogi, halushki, potato pancakes, Polish sausage or Russian steak sandwiches (with fried baloney and onions). Filling helpings for little money. While you are here, also check out the grocery section which offers lots of hard to find European foods at ridiculous prices.
- 1 The Elbow Room, 1057 Walnut Street (at Tompkins St), ☏ . Chicken wings and other pub food. Cash only.
- Holiday Inn, 760 East Water St, ☏ .
|Routes through Elmira|
|Jamestown ← Corning ←||W E||→ ends → Owego → Binghamton|
|END ←||SW NE||→ Ithaca → Cortland|