Jenks is in the Green Country region of Oklahoma. Jenks' landscape is very similar to Tulsa's (it is right next to it) which is green with lots of trees and hills. It is right next to the Arkansas River, Riverparks, and it is near to many of the attractions in Tulsa. It's people are very friendly too, they have that famous Southern charm.
It is very easy to get into Jenks since it is adjacent to Tulsa. The Creek turnpike runs through Jenks (will cost you 65 cents), and there is a bridge at 96th and Riverside from Tulsa. There is an airport in Jenks, but planes from major terminals do not usually fly in.
There might be some buses that run through Jenks, but it is easier to get around by car or by walking. Since Jenks is a smaller town, they have no tolerance for speeding! The policeman are notoriously known by Tulsans as being sneaky.
- Oklahoma Aquarium. Known nationally for its bull shark exhibit.
- RiverWalk Crossing (across the 96th street bridge). With restaurants, shops and a movie theater. Frequent entertainment events.
- Los Cabos, 300 Riverwalk Terrace (Located inside Riverwalk Crossing), ☎ . Local award-winning Mexican cantina several years in a row.
- Best Western Aquarium Inn and Suites, 150 Aquarium Dr, ☎ .
- Five Oaks Ranch, 528 E. 121st St, ☎ .
Oklahoma Weather is very harsh on road conditions and road repairs are needed on an almost yearly basis here. Please be prepared to slow down or stop for road workers as fines double for accidents in work zones as specified by Oklahoma State Law.
There have been numerous plane and commuter jet crashes at the Riverside Airport over the last 5 years. Almost all of these occurred during nighttime or rainy weather landings which make flights into that airport not the safest of choices. Caution is advised during these conditions when landing at Riverside Airport.
- Tulsa is just a bridge crossing away from Jenks and connects directly the Southern tip of the city.