Jump to navigation Jump to search
For information about the attractions in the area, you may wish to consult the staff at the Visitor's Centre.
History and culture
- 1 Jinbaoli Old Street (金山老街), Jinbaoli Street. 09:00-18:00. An old shopping street in the middle of the town.
- 2 Chin Pao San (金寶山), ☏ . 08:30-17:00. A large hillside cemetery which overlooks the East China Sea. The cemetery is famous for the numerous artworks which adorn many of the graves.
Parks and nature
- 5 Twin Candlestick Islets (蠋臺雙嶼). A rock formation that features two 60m columns of rock jutting out of the sea.
- 6 Yangmingshan National Park (陽明山國家公園), ☏ . The National Park is famous for its cherry blossoms, hot springs, sulfur deposits, fumaroles, venomous snakes, and hiking trails, including Taiwan's tallest dormant volcano, Seven Star Mountain (1,120 m).
- 1 Ju Ming Museum (朱銘美術館), ☏ . 10:00-18:00. A museum dedicated to the renowned Taiwanese sculptor Ju Ming.
Sports and outdoors
- 7 Jinbaoli Trail. A long hiking trail that goes into the Yangmingshan National Park. There are a number of stone bridges, abandoned dwellings, and small shrines to see along the route.
- 2 Jinshan Little Night Market (金山小夜市). 17:00-23:00 (Tue, Fri).