North America > United States of America > Texas > Hill Country > Central Hill Country > Johnson City (Texas)
- Exotic Resort Zoo, Texas Highway 16 (4 miles north of town). 137-acres park offering guided safari tours to see over 80 species of exotic animals including giraffes, gazelles, kangaroos and zebras.
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Park (Johnson City), 100 Lady Bird Ln, ☎ .
- Pedernales Falls State Park, 2585 Park Road 6026, ☎ .
- Reimer's Ranch Reserve. 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset.
- The Hill Country Inn, 203 South Highway 281, ☎ .
- Pedernales Falls State Natural Area
- Stonewall about 15 minutes east of Fredericksburg.
- San Antonio
- New Braunfels - Located 52 miles southeast of Johnson City, this town is best known for its German culture and heritage, not to mention the Schlitterbahn, persistent in being voted the world's best waterpark.
- San Marcos - 50 miles southeast of Johnson City, San Marcos is the home of Texas State University and its Aquarena Center, as well as two massive outlet malls that have more than 350 shops.
- Hill Country a more general overiew of the area, most destinations are an easy day trip.
|Routes through Johnson City|
|Wichita Falls ← Burnet ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Blanco → San Antonio|
|El Paso ← Stonewall ←||W E||→ Dripping Springs → Austin|