Stonewall is located about 15 miles East of Fredericksburg and about 64 miles West of Austin on US Highway 290.
Stonewall is best known for its Lyndon B. Johnson State and National Historical Parks, the birthplace of Lyndon B. Johnson, the nation's 36th president.
- 1 Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site, ☏ .
- 2 Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, ☏ .
Stonewall is well known in the area for its peaches. Along US 290, you will encounter many peach stands - from "mom and pop" operations up to larger business-type stores.
- Pedernales Falls State Natural Area
- San Antonio
- New Braunfels - Located 60 miles southeast of Stonewall, this town is best known for its German culture and heritage, not to mention the Schlitterbahn, persistent in being voted the world's best waterpark.
- San Marcos - 56 miles southheast of Stonewall, San Marcos is the home of Texas State University and its Aquarena Center, two massive outlet malls that have more than 350 shops, as well as stretches of river in a more natural state.
- Hill Country a more general overview of the area, most destinations are an easy day trip.
|Routes through Stonewall|
|El Paso ← Fredericksburg ←||W E||→ Johnson City → Austin|