Kerrobert, population 970 (2021), is a small agricultural community as well as being one of the centres in the oil and gas industries in Saskatchewan. Kerrobert is known of having historic buildings to explore. It's a good pit stop for those travelling between Saskatoon and Red Deer.
Kerrobert is served by Highway 21, Highway 31 and Highway 51. It is approximately 65 km (40 mi) east of the Saskatchewan/Alberta border and 180 km (110 mi) west of Saskatoon.
A private car is a necessity; Kerrobert is too small to have public transit but the town is walkable.
Kerrobert boasts four historical landmarks, including the Courthouse building which houses the Kerrobert Cultural Centre, the functioning wood-clad standpipe Water Tower that has been part of the town’s waterworks since its construction in 1914, the original Canadian Bank of Commerce building and the Canadian Pacific Railway Station.
- 1 Kerrobert and District Museum and Cultural Centre, 433 Manitoba Avenue (Kerrobert Court House), ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-noon. The museum is located in the historic Kerrobert Court House Building. It occupies the basement and the top floor, while the main level is home to the Town Offices, Chamber of Commerce, KLD Wellness Foundation, and Sheppard & Millar Law Office. Also upstairs in the Court House is the Courtroom Art Gallery.
- Kerrobert Golf Club (Next to the water tower), ☏ . Open May 1-October 1..
Eat & drink
- Kerrobert Bakery & Coffee Bar, 521 Atlantic Avenue, ☏ . M-F 6AM-4PM.
- Ming's Kitchen Family Restaurant, 430 Pacific Avenue, ☏ .
- Mei’s Family Restaurant, 40 Pacific Avenue, ☏ .
- Golden Prairie Lodge, 310 McPherson Street, ☏ , toll-free: . Guest rooms feature a TV, microwave, fridge, beds with Simmons Beautyrest mattresses and Wi-Fi. Guests are welcome to use the lodge's outdoor barbecues and picnic tables as well as the 3,200-sq. ft. recreation centre equipped with foosball, ping pong and pool tables and gym equipment. Choice of onsite dining facilities includes Mr. Sub and Country Style, M & J Restaurant and the Bold Raven Pub & Grill. Onsite convenience store and gas bar.
- Motel 6, 118 Pacific Avenue, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
|Routes through Kerrobert|
|ENDS at ← Maidstone ←||N S||→ Kindersley → Maple Creek|
|END ← Macklin ←||NW SE||→ Rosetown → END|
|Lacombe / Red Deer via ← Stettler ← becomes ←||W E||→ Biggar → END|