Rosetown was named in honour of the earliest settlers in the area, James and Ann Rose.
Rosetown is located at the junction of Highways 4 and 7 along the primary highway linking Saskatoon and Calgary; it is approximately 115 km (71 mi) west of Saskatoon and 610 km (380 mi) east of Calgary. There is no bus or train to Rosetown.
- Ancient Echoes Interpretive Centre, West Street, Herschel (30 km NW of Rosetown on Hwys 4 & 31), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. May-August: daily 9AM-5PM. Houses a collection of ancient tools, arrowheads, rare rocks and an array of taxidermy animals and birds including a full-mount buffalo. Marine fossils, including the vertebrae of a plesiosaur are there to view. Ancient Echoes can arrange for an overnight experience to sleep in a tipi.
- Rosetown and District Museum, 605 Colwell Road, ☏ . May-August: M-F 9AM-5PM. The Rosetown and District Museum, along with the old-time village, depicts the history of Rosetown and area. Buildings on site include teacherage, one-room school house, fire hall, windcharger, jail and fully operational blacksmith shop. There is a 2½-storey catalogue house onsite from 1923 that has been completely restored with a lower level tea room. Try your hand at horseshoes in the horseshoe pit.
- Rosetown Golf and Country Club (4.8 km west of Rosetown), ☏ . 9-hole course that features rolling terrain, irrigated fairways and grass greens. Camping and motel accommodations are nearby.
- Riches Antiques and Collectibles, 401 Colwell Road on Hwy #7 E, ☏ . Antiques, vintage & collectibles.
- Co-op Supermarket, 401 Main Street, ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-1PM, 1:30-6PM; Sa 8:30AM-1PM, 1:30-6PM.
Eat and drink
- Highway Host Family Restaurant, 114 Railway Ave, ☏ . Daily 11AM-3PM, 4:30-9PM. Indian, Greek, Italian and Canadian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan options.
- Pete and Roy's Canadian Pub, 101 Main Street, ☏ . Tu W F 11AM-8:30PM, Th 11AM-11PM, Sa 4-8:45PM. Full menu.
- The Right Spot & Grill, 240 Railway Ave W, ☏ . Daily 11:30AM-8PM. Greek food.
- Iron Chef Family Restaurant, 121 Railway Ave E, ☏ . Family restaurant.
Bed & Breakfast
- Alive Sky Lodge and BINcredible (along Hwy 15, travel 3.7 km E from junction of Hwys 4 and 15), ☏ , email@example.com. Enjoy the peace of a farm setting. Accommodations feature four comfortable rooms each with full bath, a common kitchen and living room. BINcredible includes all the comforts of home in an iconic prairie metal grain bin.
Hotels & motels
- Country Rose Inn, 111 Railway Ave (Hwy 7), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rosetown Motel, 102 Main St (Hwy 7 & Main St), ☏ , email@example.com.
- Travelodge, 501 Colwell Road, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Rosetown Tourist Centre, 100 Railway Ave (Hwy 7 & Main St), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. May-Aug: 10AM-8PM. Located along Hwy 7 at the foot of Rosetown's historic Main Street, staff at the tourist centre provide information on attractions in the area. 18-hole mini golf, children's playground, ice cream, souvenirs, Wi-Fi, accessible washrooms and picnic tables on site.
- Rosetown and District Health Centre, 409 – Highway 4 North, ☏ . 24-hr emergency services.
|Routes through Rosetown|
|The Battlefords ← Biggar ←||N S||→ Swift Current → Lewistown|
|Calgary ← Kindersley ← Jct S ←||W E||→ Saskatoon → END|
|END ←||W E||→ Outlook → Melville|
|Macklin ← Kerrobert ←||NW SE||→ END|