Lewistown is a town in Montana. It is the geographic center of the state. The population was 5,901 at the 2010 census.
Called "The Heart of Montana", Lewistown has many of the activities that make Montana a tourist destination. There is big game and bird hunting to fishing, camping, biking, hiking and skiing. It is surrounded by five mountain ranges: the Snowies, the Judiths, the Moccasins, the Belts, and the Highwoods.
Lewistown is on US Highway 87 from the east and west. From the north it is on Hwy 191.
As with most of Montana, a vehicle is the best way to get around. The historic downtown area is walkable, and walking tour maps can be picked up at the Chamber.
- Central Montana Museum, ☏ . 10AM-4PM summer; winter call for info. guns, saddles, fossils No fee, donations accepted.
- Lewistown Art Center (corner of Main and 4th Ave), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-F from 11:30AM-5:30PM; Sa 10AM-4PM. free.
- Charlie Russell Chew Choo (train boards about 40 minutes outside of Lewistown), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Special weekends, see website. Dinner and a show on a historic train $90 adult, $50 child.
- Chokecherry Festival, Main St., ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. first Saturday after Labor Day. Pancake breakfast, culinary tasting, pit spitting contest, vendors
- Montana Cowboy Poetry Gathering, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. mid-Aug. cowboy poetry and western music show. $10 general admission, $35-60 for special events.
- Montana Winter Fair, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Late Jan. Traditional agriculture based fair. Open Fiddle Contest, Quilt Show & Workshops, Fiber Arts Show & Workshops and Re-creations Show and Sale, Farm & Ranch Trade Show, Skijoring, Ranch Sorting Clinic & Competition, Arm Wrestling, Chess Tournament & Polar Plunge. For the kids, there's the Stick Horse Rodeo, Old McDonald’s Barn, Meet & Greet with the Ice Queen and Youth Beef Show.
- Dash Inn, 207 Northeast Main St., ☏ . fast food
- Dominga's Specialties Cafe, 224 West Main, Room 617, ☏ .
- Pourman's Southwestern Cafe, 413 West Main, ☏ .
- Southside Fish and Clam Cafe, 723 West Main St, ☏ .
- [dead link] Half Moon Ranch (23 miles SE of Lewistown), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Historic Calvert Hotel, 216 7th Ave S, ☏ .
- Symmes/Wicks House, 220 W. Blvd, ☏ . Historic home in Silk Stocking District, walking distance to downtown
- Yogo Inn, 211 East Main, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Built as a train depot in 1913, it has full service restaurant and bar.
|Routes through Lewistown|
|Havre ← Great Falls ←||W S||→ Roundup → Billings|
|Swift Current ← Malta ←||N S||→ Harlowton → Big Timber|
|Missoula ← Great Falls ←||W E||→ Jct S → Sidney|