- For other places with the same name, see Swift Current (disambiguation).
The settlement of Swift Current was established in 1883, after the Canadian Pacific Railway surveyed a railway line as far as Swift Current Creek.
Winters are long, dry, and cold, while summers are short, warm, and relatively wet. The coldest month is January, with a mean temperature of −10.1 °C (14 °F), while the warmest month is July, with a mean temperature of 18.2 °C (65 °F). The driest month is February, with an average of 11.8 mm (0.46 in) of precipitation, while the wettest month is June, with an average of 77 mm (3.0 in). Annual precipitation is low, with an average of 392.5 mm (15.45 in). Its location in southwest Saskatchewan gives it slightly milder winters than the provincial capital, Regina, even though it is higher in elevation. Chinook winds happen several times a year allowing residents to enjoy unseasonably warm weather for short periods of time.
- The Swift Current Airport (6.5 km (4 miles) east of the city), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 8AM-5PM.
- Rider Express, toll-free: . Service on the Regina-Calgary route. This service has been suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Swift Transit, ☏ . Red Line – M-Sa 7AM-7PM. Blue Line – M-F 8:40AM-6PM (no service 3:30-4:44PM) $3, children 6-13 $1.
- Art Gallery of Swift Current, 411 Herbert Street East, ☏ . M-Th 2-5PM & 7-9PM; F Sa 1-5PM; Su 1-4:30PM. Closed Sundays in July & August. Closed statutory holidays.
- Swift Current Museum, 105 Chaplin Street East, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Sep-May: M-F 1-5PM; Jun-Aug: M-F 10AM-5PM, Sa Su 1-5PM.
- Mennonite Heritage Village, ☏ . July and August: F-Su and holidays: 2-7PM.
- Elmwood Golf Club, 2015 Hillcrest Drive, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Swift Current Little Theatre, ☏ (for tickets). An all-volunteer theatre company that produces two shows a year. The company performs at two locations: Cypress Hills Regional College and Beatty Playhouse.
- Windscape Kite Festival.
- Swift Current Mall, junction of Highway #1 and Highway #4.. M-W Sa 9:30AM-6PM, Th F 9:30AM-9PM, Su noon-5PM. Safeway.
- Wheatland Mall, 1150 Central Ave N, ☏ . M-Sa 9:30AM-6PM, Su noon-5PM. Pioneer Co-op, Giant Tiger.
- Akropol Family Restaurant, 133 Central Ave N, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-closing. Sandwiches and burgers $9-14, pastas $25, pizza, steaks $20-34, Greek specialties.
- [dead link] Russell Up Some Grub Family Diner, 12A 1081 Central Ave N, ☏ . M-F 6AM-4PM.
- Pho Rainbow Tasty Restaurant, 1150 South Service Rd E, ☏ . Vietnamese. Mains $11-14.
- O'Rudys Creek House, 125 6th Avenue Southeast, ☏ . Daily 10AM-10PM. Ice cream shop and restaurant.
- Westwind Motel, 155 North Service Road, ☏ . Check-in: 10AM-11:30AM (office closes 11:30PM), check-out: 11AM.
- Silver Saddle Suites, 150 21st Avenue NE (Corner of Highway #4 South and Chaplin Street), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Comfort Inn, 1510 South Service Road East, ☏ .
- 1 Green Hectares Bed & Breakfast, Waker Road (500 m. Saskatchewan Drive/Cypress Regional Hospital), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Working cattle ranch and B&B. Luxury rooms with en suite bathrooms in "Red Barn" or rooms in the Ranch house with shared bathrooms. Full hot ranch breakfast with fruit salad and homemade jellies and honey. $75-120.
|Routes through Swift Current|
|Medicine Hat ← Maple Creek ←||W E||→ Moose Jaw → Regina|
|The Battlefords ← Rosetown ←||N S||→ Val Marie → Lewistown|
|END ← Leader ←||W E||→ END|