Moose Jaw is a city in Saskatchewan, Canada. A popular tourist destination, it is located about 45 minutes west of the provincial capital of Regina. During prohibition in the 1920s, its proximity to the US border and easy rail access made it a popular destination for alcohol-starved Americans.
- Regina International Airport. The nearest commercial airport. It has four gates which handle flights to major centres in Canada via Air Canada and WestJet, as well as regular flights during the fall, winter and spring to Las Vegas, Phoenix and Orlando.
- McEwen Airport
- Moose Jaw is on the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1 in Saskatchewan) and is 45 minutes west of Regina.
- The city can also be accessed via Highway 2, which from the north links to Saskatoon and Prince Albert and to the south links with the US.
Greyhound Canada and Grey Goose provide services to get to and from Moose Jaw
- CFB Moose Jaw The Canadian Forces Base is located south of the city and is home to the Snowbirds, a team of plane pilots who perform "aerobatics" flight demonstration. The base is home to an annual air show every July, headlined by the Snowbirds.
- Mac the Moose On the Trans-Canada Highway, Mac is a 10-metre tall cement moose right next to the visitor information centre.
- Tunnels of Moose Jaw, 18 Main Street North, ☎ . Two-hour tours through the underground tunnels. The Chicago Connection tour covers the Al Capone era and bootlegging in the 20's. The Passage to Fortune tour explains the Chinese immigrants and the head tax. Far from being simply a set of exhibits, the two tours are in fact interactive theatre productions where visitors interact with actors.
- Déjà Vu Café, 23 High St E, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11am-9pm Mon-Thurs, 11am-10pm Fri-Sat, Noon-9pm Sun. More than 70 flavours of chicken wings. 50 flavours of milkshakes.
- Hopkins Dining Parlour, 65 Athabasca St. West, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Yesteryear’s Ukrainian Borscht, 34 River St E, ☎ . 11:30AM-5PM, closed Sun.. Elsie, the owner and delightful hostess, welcomes everyone for live music and authentic, heart warming and delicious food. Available for small bookings and evening parties.
- Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort Hotel, 24 Fairford St. E, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Prairie Oasis Tourist Complex, Hwy #1 & Thatcher Dr. E., ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
|Routes through Moose Jaw|
|Calgary ← Caronport ←||W E||→ Regina → Winnipeg|
|END ←||NW SE||→ Weyburn → Estevan|