Weyburn was founded as a junction point between the mainline Canadian Pacific Railway (1892) and the US-bound Soo Line (1893). It was historically an important railway town as crossroads for CN, CP and Soo Line trains; from 1910 until 1931 the Weyburn Security Bank was headquartered in the city. Souris Valley Mental Health Hospital, a cutting-edge institution when it opened in 1921, closed in 2006 and was demolished in 2009
Weyburn is the ninth-largest city in Saskatchewan.
The closest major airport is in Regina.
Weyburn is 115 km southeast of Regina along Highways 33 and 39.
It is 85 km northeast of Estevan on Highway 39.
There is no bus service to Weyburn.
- Amir Taxi, ☎ .
- Country Cab, 7 3rd Street NE B2, ☎ .
- Weyburn Taxi Ltd, 15 11th St, ☎ .
- Weyburn and Area Heritage Village, 424 Tenth Avenue SE, ☎ . Seasonal (May-August). A replica of a village community from the turn of the century right up to about the 1940s. $5/person.
- Soo Line Historical Museum, 411 Industrial Lane (Hwy 39 East), ☎ . Local history museum, native artefacts, Soo Line historical archives, Weyburn and district pioneer artefacts. The Wilson Silver Collection holds more than 5,000 items dated 1750-1972, everything from full tea services to opera glasses and spoons. The 1909-era one-storey, historically-listed Estevan red-brick structure and smokestack were originally a 75 kilowatt municipal power station; the Museum building houses Weyburn's Tourist Information Booth and a small souvenir shop. Open year round with extended hours June-August, guided tour available.
- Turner Curling Museum, Zandee Sports Arena, 327 Mergens Street NW, ☎ . Sa 1-5PM (or by appointment). World's first curling museum. Over 18,000 curling pins, one of the largest collections, and many rare historical curling pieces. By donation..
- Weyburn Security Bank building, 76 Third Street.. Two-storey building with a glazed terracotta façade, designed by a Minneapolis-based architectural firm and built in 1910 as the local bank's headquarters. Sold to the Imperial Bank (a predecessor of CIBC) in 1931, it remains in use as the local CIBC branch.
- Allie Griffin Art Gallery, 45 Bison Ave (lower level of Weyburn Public Library).
- Club Café, 118 Third Street NE. Chinese, delivery available.
- [dead link] Little India Restaurant, 304 First Avenue SE, ☎ . East Indian, Chinese.
- Prairie Pita, 132 Third Street N, ☎ . M-F 10AM-7PM, Sa 11AM-4PM, closed Sunday.
- Trifon’s Pizza, 1614 First Avenue NE, ☎ . Dining, pizza delivery
- Welsh Kitchen & Bakery, 405 Souris Avenue NE, ☎ . Breakfast until 10:30AM and all day Saturday.
- Detour Bar & Grill, 13 First Avenue SW, ☎ .
- Fitzgerald’s Pub & Grill, 2 Third Street NE, ☎ .
- Pumpjacks Saloon & Steak House, 596 - 18th Street NE, ☎ .
- Refresh Wellness Bar & Bistro, 43 Riverview Drive, ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-4PM.
- Circle 6 Motel, 140 Sims Ave., ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . $80-100.
- Perfect Inns & Suites, 238 Sims Ave, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . $100-160.
- Travelodge, 53 Government Road South, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
|Routes through Weyburn|
|Jct N S ← Assiniboia ←||W E||→ Carlyle → becomes → Winnipeg|
|Williston ← Fortuna ← becomes ← ←||S N||→ Francis → Fort Qu'Appelle|
|Moose Jaw ← Regina (via ) ←||NW SE||→ Estevan → Minot|
|Williston ← becomes ← ← merges with ←||S N||→ merges with → merges with → Regina|