Nearest airport is Cochin airport (Nedumbassery) which is about 75 km away.
Private and state owned buses can get you here from Thrissur, Ernakulam, Guruvayoor, Kozhikode, Palghat etc.
Private tourist taxi operators are also available. They charge about US$1 for every 3.5 km covered.
- Arthat Simhasana Church
- Kakkad . Where the world renowned Kalamandalam started before Cheruthuruthi. Most government, public offices including Mini Civil Station of Kunnamkulam are located here .
- Kakkad Ganapathy temple [dead link] is a pilgrim center where pooram is observed in March/April.
- Malabar Independent Syrian Church
- Pannithadam. Where some old gold coins were found and is of archaeological interest
- Pazhanji Church (Pazhanji Palli).
- Tomb of St. Sleebo Mor Osthatheos Bava
- Enjoy green paddy fields, visit local Hindu temples and Christian churches.
- There is a beautiful beach 8 km away from the city known as Chavakad, also you will get toddy on the sea shore.
- Narimada, also known as Kallaikunnu, 4.5 km from town centre, is where lots of movies where shot, with a nearby temple complex named Inporkulam which is known for its ancient hide out, looking like modern bunks.
- Pazhanji. A market known for areca/betel nut.
Kunnamkulam has numerous bars, see below to just name a few.:
- Alukas Bar
- The Beverage - (on the Pattambi Road near the market)
- RC Bar
- Victory International Fortgate
Beware of touts and scammers around Aduputty, Kakkad, and Canteen.