L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is between Avignon and north valley Massif du Luberon. It comprises three neighborhoods: Saint Antoine, Petit-Palais and Velorgues. L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue takes its name from the Sorgue river, which rises a few kilometers upstream in Fontaine-de-Vaucluse. The river is divided into multiple channels which cause this city to be a group of islands. Some have dubbed the town "Venice Comtadine", referring to the Comtat Venaisin including Isle part. The waters of the Sorgue permitted the development of wheat mills and silk and madder over the centuries.
L'Isle sur la Sorgue is accessible via the Airport Avignon - Caumont, especially ministered to by low - cost airlines. The other nearest airport are those of Marseille Provence Airport.
The Gare de l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue-Fontaine-de-Va ucluse is served by TER daily.
- 1 L'isle sur la Sorgue Train Station, 100 Avenue Julien Guigue.
L'Isle sur la Sorgue is accessible from the north via the A7 exit Avignon North, then the RD 6 to Châteauneuf-de-Gadagne and RD 901, via Le Thor. From the south, and the Cavaillon exit of the A7, take the RD 938, direction Carpentras, then the RD 901.
- 1 Campredon museum, 20, rue du docteur Tallet, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. tuesday to saturday, from 10:00 to 12:30, and 14:00 to 17:30. local modern art museum 6 €.
- 2 Hippodrome Saint-Gervais, D31 road. open in summer time.
- 3 Ancient doll and Toy Museum, 26 rue Carnot, ☏ .
- Santon and old tools, hameaux Saint Antoine, ☏ .
- 4 Collégiale Notre-Dame-des-Anges (Parish Church), Place de la Liberté. historic monument site
- 5 Old Hebrew cemetery, 377 Chemin du Cimetière Israélite (Direction Cavaillon). historic monument site
- 1 Swim in the river at Le Partage des Eaux. Here, the waters of the Sorgue divide in several branches.There is a park with picnic tables on the river banks where the river divides. The river has beautiful clear (but cold!) water. Free.
Buy, eat, and drink
- Provencal market weekly. Every Sunday morning. with local agricultural products
- 1 Second-hand market, along Sorgue River. all Sunday long. In addition to the Sunday flea markets, the common knows two annual fervor : Easter and August 15, along the Sorgue. The first edition dates from 1966.
- 2 La Cour des Saveurs, 2 Rue Louis Lopez (near Town hall), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Artisan chocolatier, speciality: nougat coated chocolate orange.
- 1 Camping la Sorguette, 871, route d'Apt, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Rental locations for tents places , mobile homes, but also yurt, tent lodge and tipi.
- 2 Hôtel Saint Louis, allée de la sauge, RD901 (Le Thor), ☏ . has a restaurant, with the possibility of half board. Swimming pool. from 59 to 92 €.
- 3 Les Névons, 205, chemin des Névons, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 60 € to 97 €.