The Lake Michigan Beachtowns are a string of small- to medium-sized cities along the shoreline in West Michigan. They feature several harbors for lake-going boats and countless miles of sandy beaches on the freshwater inland sea of Lake Michigan.
From south to north, the most noteworthy cities and towns are:
- 1 Harbor Country - a group of villages in the southwest corner of the state
- 2 Benton Harbor and 3 Saint Joseph
- 4 South Haven
- 5 Saugatuck-Douglas
- 6 Holland
- 7 Grand Haven
- 8 Muskegon
- 9 Pentwater
- 10 Ludington
- 11 Manistee
- Harbor Country is a small region at the southern end of the Beachtowns region
- The Leelanau Peninsula is up the coast to the north.
- Grand Rapids is half an hour or so inland from Holland or Grand Haven.