North America > United States of America > Pacific Northwest > Oregon > Portland Metropolitan Area > Lake OswegoJump to navigation Jump to search
Highway 43 is also known as State St. in Lake Oswego.
- 1 Oswego Lake. Oswego Lake is beautiful, and morning sunrises at approximately 6 AM and sunsets depending on the time of year are a magnificent experience. Surrounding the lake are significant estates belonging to Oregon's local substantial business owners and investors. These owners are part of the Oswego Lake Corporation, which owns the land under the lake and claims the right to control who swims and boats there. This has been a source of long-standing tension (and occasional litigation) with other area residents and with the state. The Corporation may not have a right to prevent anyone from using the lake, if they find legal way to get to it. However, neither the Corporation or the City wants tourists to use the lake waters. Downtown on State St, a city park,Sundeleaf Plaza has lake views, a fountain, and an outdoor fireplace. There are steps to the lake- but a sign warning people not to go past the steps. On an adjacent hill, the large Millennium Park Plaza has an outdoor Saturday Farmer`s Market and hosts concerts and Movie in the Park in the summer. Also nearby are restaurants Manzanna's, Five Spice, Zeppo Italian, Peet's Coffee, and a bakery.
- 2 The Art Gym at Marylhurst University, 17600 Pacific Hwy., Marylhurst (B.P. John Administrative Bldg., 3rd floor on the south side of the building), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Sun Noon-4 PM. An art exhibition space focusing on Pacific Northwest contemporary art, converted from a campus gymnasium in 1980. They regularly host gallery openings and public discussions. See website for schedule. Free.
- 3 Tryon Creek State Natural Area.
- 1 Lake Theater & Cafe (formerly Lake Twin Theater), 106 N State St, ☏ . This historical theater first opened in 1940, and after remodeling took its current form as a theater/cafe in 2014. Two movie theaters- one stadium-riser theater, and the other has tables and chairs on the main level with riser seating on the balcony. Also has cafe seating inside and on deck overlooking the lake. Hosts live music Mondays at 6pm, check website for schedule.
- 2 Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State St., ☏ (tickets), (re-runs shop). Theater productions on two stages. Also has a gallery at the State Street entry which exhibits two to six artists intended to complement the current productions. A consignment thrift shop called "Re-Runs" is located in the south wing of the main level. The Center hosts the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, held the weekend after Father`s Day each year. The Festival multiple art exhibits from both professional and student artists, along with crafts vendors, food booths, and music in the park at nearby George Rogers Park.
- 3 Lake Oswego Public Golf Course and Practice Range (Municipal Golf Course), 17525 Stafford Rd., ☏ .
- 1 Clarkes Restaurant, 455 2nd St, ☏ . M-Th 4:30PM- 9PM; F-Sat. 4:30PM-10PM.
- Fivespice Restaurant, 315 1st St, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Su-Th 11AM-10PM; F-Sa 11AM-11PM. Dinners $20-30.
- Manzana Rotisserie Grill, 305 1st St, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-11PM; F 11AM-Midnight; Sa 8:30AM-Midnight; Su 8:30AM-10PM. Dinners $15-25.
- 2 Tucci, 220 A Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 11:30AM-9PM; F 11:30AM-10PM; Sa 4PM-10PM; Su 4PM-8PM. Dinners $20-30.
- Zeppo Italian, 345 1st St #105, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-10PM; F 11AM-11PM; Sa 8AM-11PM; Su 8AM-9PM. Dinners $17-24.
- 1 Hilton Garden Inn Lake Oswego, 14850 Kruse Oaks Dr, Lake Oswego (Kruse Way & Krus Oaks, behind US Bank branch. Hwy 217 becomes Kruse Way after passing over I-5. From I-5 it is off of Exit 292.). Large spacious and renovated hotel.
- 2 Lakeshore Inn, 210 N State St, ☏ . The Lakeshore is the only hotel on the lake. It has a heated lakefront pool, and rooms have kitchenettes, ironing boards and WiFi. Some rooms are dog friendly. $79.
- 3 Phoenix Inn Suites, 14905 Bangy Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 4 PM, check-out: 12 PM. All suite accommodations with complimentary breakfast buffet, high speed internet, and 24-hr. business center.
- 4 Residence Inn Portland South/Lake Oswego, 15200 SW Bangy Rd., ☏ .
|Routes through Lake Oswego|
|Portland ← Tigard ←||N S||→ Wilsonville → Eugene|
|Ends at in Portland ←||N S||→ West Linn → Oregon City|