Tigard is a city of 55,000 people (2019) in the greater Portland area of Oregon. The city has revitalized its downtown with public art, and multiple connections, creating a walkable destination for residents and visitors.
By public transit
The 1 Tigard Transit Center and the 2 Washington Square Transit Center serve as bus/train stations for Tri-Met trains & buses in Tigard. Yamhill County buses traveling along Hwy 99W towards Newberg & McMinnville stop only at the Tigard Transit Center and in Sherwood:
- 3 WES Train Commuter rail from Beaverton Transit Center to Wilsonville via Tigard & Tualatin.
- Rt 12 connects Tigard, Barbur Transit Center, SW Portland, Portland City Center, NE Portland and Parkrose Transit, via SW Pacific Hwy/Barbur Blvd, Burnside & NE Sandy Blvd.
- Rt 43 Connects Washington Square to downtown Portland through SW Portland (Burlingame) along SW Hall Blvd, 80th Ave & Taylors Ferry Rd.
- Rt 45 Connects Tigard, Washington Square, SW Portland (Garden Home & Multnomah Village) and downtown Portland.
- Rt 56 runs between Washington Square & downtown Portland via Raleigh Hills and Hillsdale along Scholls Ferry Rd (SR-210) and Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (SR-10)
- Rt 62 runs between Washington Square and Sunset Transit Center, along Scholls Ferry Road, Murray, Millikan, Hocken, Jenkins, Cornell and Barnes
- Rt 64 Express (commuter) bus to Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) & VA Hospital on Marquam Hill. Bus runs weekday mornings to Marquam Hill and returns to Tigard on Weekday afternoons. It makes limited stops along the route. Check schedules.
- Rt 76 runs between Tualatin, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton
- Rt 78 runs between Lake Oswego, Southwest Portland, PCC Sylvania, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton.
- Rt 93 Connects Tigard to S King City & Sherwood along Pacific Hwy 99W.
- Rt 94 Connects Sherwood to downtown Portland through Tigard Transit Center, Barbur Transit in Southwest Portland along Pacific Hwy/Barbur Blvd (Hwy 99W). It runs the same route as the #93 between Sherwood & Tigard and as the #12 between Tigard and downtown Portland.
- Yamhill Co Transit Rt#44/44x Goes to McMinnville through Sherwood and Newberg along SR-99W from Tigard Transit Center. No stops between Tigard & Sherwood. Passengers must use Tri-Met #93 or 94 bus to be let off or picked up along the road between Tigard & Sherwood.
- 1 Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, 19255 SW Pacific Hwy, Sherwood, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily, dawn-dusk. Wildlife Center: Tu-Su 10AM-4PM. Free.
- 2 Brown's Ferry Park, 5855 SW Nyberg Lane.
- 3 John Tigard's House Museum, 14601 SW 103rd Ave (SW 103rd Ave & Canterbury Ln, next from East Butte Heritage Park in a residential district; turn east on Canterbury Ln from Pacific Hwy), ☏ . House of the founding pioneer whom this city was named after, John Tigard. His parents, Wilson McClendon Tigard ad wife Mary Ann came out on the Oregon Trail from Arkansas to settle on a Donation Land Claim of 320 acres. The town was initially called East Butte and later to Tigardville. To avoid confusion with Wilsonville they eventually shortened the name to Tigard. The home contains four rooms besides the entryway, a parlor, one bedroom, a kitchen and pantry. The John Tigard children slept in the attic. Today the home has been restored to its former glory while the parlor is furnished as it might have been when the Tigards lived here.
- 1 Washington Square, 9585 SW Washington Square Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 10AM-7PM. The largest shopping mall in the state of Oregon, with just about everything you would expect to find. Some of the stores include Dick's Sporting Goods, Macy's, Nordstroms, JCPenney, The Cheesecake Factory, Abercrombie & Fitch, amongst others. There is also a foreign exchange booth by CXI inside the mall too.
- 2 Bridgeport Village, 7455 SW Bridgeport Rd. (I-5 Exit 290), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Costco, 7850 SW Dartmouth St (SE of the Hwy 217 & Pacific Hwy (99W) junction), ☏ . M-F 9:30AM-8:30PM, Sa Su 9:30AM-7PM. Wholesale with bulk food at cheap prices. Also equipped with a gas station, optical center and food court.
- 1 Burgerville, 12282 SW Scholls Ferry Rd (Greenway Town Center along SW Scholls Ferry between SW 125th & 121st.), ☏ . The NW's own fast food chain with a decidedly NW flavor promoting organic, fresh and seasonal ingredients. Great burgers and traditional fast food fare. Amazing seasonal items including sweet potato fries, asparagus, strawberries, blackberries, onion rings and more.
- 2 Sushi Hana, 9009 SW Hall Blvd # 142 (In strip mall next to Target north of Washington Square mall campus.), ☏ . Daily 11AM-9PM. Good quality conveyor belt sushi at a good price.
- 3 Sushi Hana, 11705 SW Pacific Hwy (99w) Suite 'M' (Pacific Crossroads Mall on Pacific Hwy & SW 78th next to "Big 5 Sporting Goods" store.), ☏ . M-W 3PM-7PM & Thu-Su 12PM-7PM. Sushi Hana's other Tigard location.
- 4 Tong Tai Restaurant, 11705 SW Pacific Hwy Suite C, ☏ . M-F 11AM-9PM, 4:30-9PM; Sa noon-9PM; closed on Sunday. =Pacific Crossroads Mall on Pacific Hwy & SW 78th next to Plaid Pantry.
- 1 Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites, 16105 SW Pacific Hwy (SW Pacific Hwy (99W) & Durham Rd in King City), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Doubletree Portland-Tigard, 9575 SW Locust St (Olsen Rd & Locust Rd, across street from Washington Square.), ☏ . All suite accommodations with complimentary breakfast buffet, high speed internet, and 24-hr business center
- 3 Extended Stay America, 13009 SW 68th Pkwy, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 4 Grand Hotel Bridgeport, 7265 SW Hazel Fern Rd (SW of the I-5/Lower Boones Ferry Rd junction (Exit #290)), ☏ . 124 guest rooms and suites; including 8 Jacuzzi Suites and a Presidential Suite, full breakfast, pool, Access to Bridgeport Village shopping center.
- 5 Comfort Inn & Suites, 10830 SW Greenburg Rd (SW Greenburg Rd & Cascade Ave, opposite side of Hwy 217 from Washington Square), ☏ .
- 6 Motel 6 Portland Southwest, 11455 SW Pacific Hwy (Along Pacific Hwy (99W) just west of its junction with Interstate 5 (Exit 294)), ☏ .
- 7 Quality Inn Tigard, 11460 SW Pacific Hwy (Along Pacific Hwy (99W) just west of its junction with Interstate 5 (Exit 294), behind Discount Tires.), ☏ .
See the Beaverton article, under Sleep, for additional listings of accommodations near the Washington Square Mall at SW Hall & Scholls Ferry (SR-210) and the Lake Oswego article, under Sleep, for additional listings of accommodations east of the I-5 corridor from Exits 290 to 292
|Routes through Tigard|
|Seattle ← Portland ←||N S||→ Lake Oswego → Salem|
|END ← Portland ←||N S||→ Newberg → McMinnville|
|Ends at in Raleigh Hills ←||NE SW||→ Ends at in Scholls.|
|Ends at ← Beaverton & ←||N S||→ Ends at N S → 'Continues to Lake Oswego as SW Kruse Way'|