Tigard is a city of 55,000 people (2019) in the greater Portland area of Oregon. The city has revitalized its downtown with public art, and multiple connections, creating a walkable destination for residents and visitors.
- Interstate 5 travels along the eastern edge of Tigard.
- Pacific Highway goes through Tigard, King City and Sherwood from Southwest Portland going towards Newberg. Going into Portland 99W becomes SW Barbur Blvd. Lots of restaurants, retail stores, strip malls lined up along Pacific Hwy. It also intersects I-5 at Exit 294.
- SW Scholls Ferry Rd goes from its intersection with OR 217 to its intersection at OR 219 in Scholls. It goes along the northern city limits serving as a border between Beaverton and Tigard.
- Highway 217 main north-south freeway through Beaverton and Tigard connecting US Hwy 26 (Exit 69A from both directions) in the north and I-5 (Exit #292) in the south. Both Scholls Ferry Rd (OR 210) and Pacific Hwy (99W) intersect OR 217. The road continues past I-5 and becomes SW Kruse Way into Lake Oswego.
- SW Hall Blvd a major north north-south road connecting (old) downtown Beaverton to downtown Tigard. It is not designated as a state or US highway.
- SW Greenburg Rd
By public transit
The 1 Tigard Transit Center and the 2 Washington Square Transit Center serve as bus/train stations for Tri-Met trains & buses in Tigard. Yamhill County buses traveling along Hwy 99W towards Newberg & McMinnville stop only at the Tigard Transit Center and in Sherwood:
- 3 WES Train Commuter rail from Beaverton Transit Center to Wilsonville via Tigard & Tualatin.
- Rt 12 connects Tigard, Barbur Transit Center, SW Portland, Portland City Center, NE Portland and Parkrose Transit, via SW Pacific Hwy/Barbur Blvd, Burnside & NE Sandy Blvd.
- Rt 43 Connects Washington Square to downtown Portland through SW Portland (Burlingame) along SW Hall Blvd, 80th Ave & Taylors Ferry Rd.
- Rt 45 Connects Tigard, Washington Square, SW Portland (Garden Home & Multnomah Village) and downtown Portland.
- Rt 56 runs between Washington Square & downtown Portland via Raleigh Hills and Hillsdale along Scholls Ferry Rd (SR-210) and Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (SR-10)
- Rt 62 runs between Washington Square and Sunset Transit Center, along Scholls Ferry Road, Murray, Millikan, Hocken, Jenkins, Cornell and Barnes
- Rt 64 Express (commuter) bus to Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) & VA Hospital on Marquam Hill. Bus runs weekday mornings to Marquam Hill and returns to Tigard on Weekday afternoons. It makes limited stops along the route. Check schedules.
- Rt 76 runs between Tualatin, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton
- Rt 78 runs between Lake Oswego, Southwest Portland, PCC Sylvania, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton.
- Rt 93 Connects Tigard to S King City & Sherwood along Pacific Hwy 99W.
- Rt 94 Connects Sherwood to downtown Portland through Tigard Transit Center, Barbur Transit in Southwest Portland along Pacific Hwy/Barbur Blvd (Hwy 99W). It runs the same route as the #93 between Sherwood & Tigard and as the #12 between Tigard and downtown Portland.
- Yamhill Co Transit Rt#44/44x Goes to McMinnville through Sherwood and Newberg along SR-99W from Tigard Transit Center. No stops between Tigard & Sherwood. Passengers must use Tri-Met #93 or 94 bus to be let off or picked up along the road between Tigard & Sherwood.
- 1 Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, 19255 SW Pacific Hwy, Sherwood, ☏ , email@example.com. Daily, dawn-dusk. Wildlife Center: Tu-Su 10AM-4PM. Free.
- 2 Brown's Ferry Park, 5855 SW Nyberg Lane.
- 3 John Tigard's House Museum, 14601 SW 103rd Ave (SW 103rd Ave & Canterbury Ln, next from East Butte Heritage Park in a residential district; turn east on Canterbury Ln from Pacific Hwy), ☏ . House of the founding pioneer whom this city was named after, John Tigard. His parents, Wilson McClendon Tigard and wife Mary Ann came out on the Oregon Trail from Arkansas to settle on a Donation Land Claim of 320 acres. The town was called East Butte and later renamed Tigardville. To avoid confusion with Wilsonville, the name was later shortened to Tigard. The home contains four rooms besides the entryway, a parlor, one bedroom, a kitchen and pantry. The Tigards' children slept in the attic. Today the home has been restored to its former glory while the parlor is furnished as it might have been when the Tigards lived here.
- 1 Washington Square, 9585 SW Washington Square Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 10AM-7PM. The largest shopping mall in the state of Oregon, with just about everything you would expect to find. Some of the stores include Dick's Sporting Goods, Macy's, Nordstroms, JCPenney, The Cheesecake Factory, Abercrombie & Fitch, amongst others. There is also a foreign exchange booth by CXI inside the mall too.
- 2 Bridgeport Village, 7455 SW Bridgeport Rd. (I-5 Exit 290), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Costco, 7850 SW Dartmouth St (SE of the Hwy 217 & Pacific Hwy (99W) junction), ☏ . M-F 9:30AM-8:30PM, Sa Su 9:30AM-7PM. Wholesale with bulk food at cheap prices. Also equipped with a gas station, optical center and food court.
- 1 Burgerville, 12282 SW Scholls Ferry Rd (Greenway Town Center along SW Scholls Ferry between SW 125th & 121st.), ☏ . The NW's own fast food chain with a decidedly NW flavor promoting organic, fresh and seasonal ingredients. Great burgers and traditional fast food fare. Amazing seasonal items including sweet potato fries, asparagus, strawberries, blackberries, onion rings and more.
- 2 Sushi Hana, 9009 SW Hall Blvd # 142 (in strip mall next to Target north of Washington Square mall campus), ☏ . Daily 11AM-9PM. Good quality conveyor belt sushi at a good price.
- 3 Sushi Hana, 11705 SW Pacific Hwy (99w) Suite 'M' (Pacific Crossroads Mall on Pacific Hwy & SW 78th next to "Big 5 Sporting Goods" store). M-W 3-7PM, Th-Su noon-7PM. Sushi Hana's other Tigard location.
- 4 Tong Tai Restaurant, 11705 SW Pacific Hwy Suite C, ☏ . M-F 11AM-9PM, 4:30-9PM; Sa noon-9PM; closed on Sunday. =Pacific Crossroads Mall on Pacific Hwy & SW 78th next to Plaid Pantry.
- 5 Wu's Open Kitchen, 15660 SW Pacific Hwy. Su-Th 11:30AM-8:30PM; F Sa 11:30AM-9:30PM. Watch the chefs prepare your meal.
- Tigard Taphouse, 9230 SW Burnham St. 26 taps of mostly local craft beer, cider, and wine. Short menu includes paninis, sticky pork lemon wrap, and tortilla chips with "magic cheese." Family friendly. Has a large outdoor area with cornhole, and a few covered tables.
- 1 Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard, 13009 SW 68th Pkwy, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Comfort Inn & Suites Tigard Near Washington Square, 10830 SW Greenburg Rd (SW Greenburg Rd & Cascade Ave, opposite side of Hwy 217 from Washington Square), ☏ .
- 3 Hampton Inn & Suites Portland Tigard, 11799 SW 69th Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 4 Motel 6 Portland, Or - Tigard West, 17959 SW McEwan Rd (SE of the I 5/Lower Boones Ferry Rd junction (Exit #290)), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 5 Motel 6 Tigard, Or - Portland South - Lake Oswego, 17950 SW McEwan Rd (SE of the I 5/Lower Boones Ferry Rd junction (Exit #290)), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 6 Motel 6 Tigard, OR - Portland Southwest, 11455 SW Pacific Hwy (along Pacific Hwy (99W) just west of its junction with Interstate 5 (Exit 294)), ☏ .
- 7 Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest, 11460 SW Pacific Hwy (along Pacific Hwy (99W) just west of its junction with Interstate 5 (Exit 294), behind Discount Tires), ☏ .
- 8 Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites, 16105 SW Pacific Hwy (SW Pacific Hwy (99W) & Durham Rd in King City), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 9 Courtyard Portland Tigard, 15686 SW Sequoia Pkwy (NW of the I 5/Carman Dr junction (Exit #291)), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 10 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard, 9575 SW Locust St (Olsen Rd & Locust Rd, across street from Washington Square), ☏ . All suite accommodations with complimentary breakfast buffet, high speed internet, and 24-hr business center.
- 11 Embassy Suites by Hilton in Portland Washington Square, 9000 SW Washington Square Rd (SW Scholls Ferry & Hall, north of Washington Square Mall), ☏ , fax: .
- 12 Grand Hotel Bridgeport, 7265 SW Hazel Fern Rd (SW of the I-5/Lower Boones Ferry Rd junction (Exit #290)), ☏ . 124 guest rooms and suites; including 8 Jacuzzi suites and a Presidential Suite, full breakfast, pool, access to Bridgeport Village shopping center.
See the Beaverton article, under Sleep, for additional listings of accommodations near the Washington Square Mall at SW Hall & Scholls Ferry (SR-210) and the Lake Oswego article, under Sleep, for additional listings of accommodations east of the I-5 corridor from Exits 290 to 292.
Tigard's primary newspaper is The Times.
The only consulate in Tigard is an honorary consulate which means it is there for commercial and business purposes and offers limited or no consular services except in emergency situations. The nearest cities for additional foreign consulates are in Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles and San Francisco:
- Czech Republic (Honorary), 12520 SW 68th Ave Ste B, ☏ , email@example.com. Available by appointment only.
|Routes through Tigard|
|Seattle ← Portland ←||N S||→ Lake Oswego → Salem|
|END ← Portland ←||N S||→ Newberg → McMinnville|
|Ends at in Raleigh Hills ←||NE SW||→ Ends at in Scholls.|
|Ends at ← Beaverton & ←||N S||→ Ends at N S → 'Continues to Lake Oswego as SW Kruse Way'|