- Not to be confused with Beaverton, Ontario.
Beaverton is a western suburb in the Portland Metropolitan Area. Beaverton is an economic center for Washington County along with neighboring Hillsboro. It is home to the world headquarters of Nike, Inc., and to about 100,000 people (2019).
- 1 Washington County Visitors Association, 12725 SW Millikan Way (Sw Millikan Way & Biggs Ave west of the Beaverton Central Max Station), ☏ .
Beaverton is approximately 20 minutes from downtown Portland:
- US Hwy 26 goes NW towards the coast from Portland passing along the northern edge of the Beaverton city limits from the Canyon Rd (SR-8) exit (exit #71B) to NW 185th (exit #64). There are six exits to Beaverton from US Hwy 26.
- SR 217 main north-south freeway through Beaverton and Tigard connecting US Hwy 26 (Exit 69A from both directions) in the north and I-5 (Exit #292) in the south.
- SR-8 (Canyon Rd) Connects US Hwy 26 (Exit 71B) to Beaverton, Aloha, Hillsboro, Cornelius & Forest Grove. Segment from US Hwy 26 to Beaverton is known as Canyon Rd while the segment from Beaverton to Hillsboro is called Tualatin Valley Hwy (TV Hwy). The other end of SR-8 is 9.5 mi (15.3 km) northwest of Forest Grove at its junction with SR-6.
- SR-10 (Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy) Connects from Barbur Blvd (SR-99W) south of downtown Portland to unincorporated enclaves of Hillsdale & Raleigh Hills to Beaverton & from SR-219 (in the west) through Aloha to Beaverton as Farmington Rd.
By public transit
The 1 Beaverton Transit Center and the 2 Sunset Transit Center serve as bus/train stations for Tri-Met trains & buses. Oregon Point and Tillamook Transit buses traveling along US Hwy 26 towards the coast stop only at the Sunset Transit Center:
- Blue Line MAX the train across town from Hillsboro to Gresham via Orenco, Beaverton, downtown Portland, Gateway Transit and east Portland.
- Red Line MAX the direct train to the airport via downtown Portland & Gateway Transit Center. The Red Line MAX runs the same route with the same stops as the Blue Line MAX between Beaverton Transit Center & Gateway Transit Center.
- 3 WES Train Commuter rail from Beaverton Transit Center to Wilsonville via Tigard & Tualatin.
- Rt 20 connects Beaverton, Cedar Hills Crossing, Sunset Transit Center, SW Portland, Portland City Center, SE Portland and Gresham, via Cedar Hills Boulevard, Barnes, Burnside, SE 102nd, Stark and Kane
- Rt 52 Connects Beaverton to Aloha & PCC-Rock Creek along Farmington & 185th Ave.
- Rt 54 runs between Beaverton & downtown Portland vai Raleigh Hills and Hillsdale along Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (SR-10)
- Rt 57 Frequent bus connecting Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Cornelius, Aloha and Beaverton via Pacific, Baseline, TV Highway and Canyon Road (SR-8), operates 24/7.
- Rt 58 Continues on Canyon Rd (SR-8) from Beaverton to downtown Portland.
- Rt 76 runs between Tualatin, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton
- Rt 78 runs between Lake Oswego, Southwest Portland, PCC Sylvania, Tigard, Washington Square and Beaverton.
- Tillamook Transit Rt#5 Connections from Portland to Tillamook via Sunset Transit Center & Tanasbourne (NW 185th). From Beaverton Transit Center take the Blue or Red Line MAX to the Sunset Transit Center and transfer to Tillamook Transit #5. Tillamook Transit buses going into Portland can only drop off passengers in the Portland Metropolitan area.
- Northwest Point goes up to Astoria via Beaverton and Elsie along US Hwy 26 and Seaside, Cannon Beach, Gearhart and Warrenton along US Hwy 101. Picks up from the Sunset Transit Center in Beaverton. Their buses going into Portland can only drop off in the Portland Metropolitan area.
Connections to Greyhound, Amtrak, Oregon Point and other intercity buses are in Portland. See below under "Get around" for a list of additional local routes.
Tri-Met operates additional local bus routes (for within Beaverton and surrounding areas) out of either Beaverton Transit Center, Sunset Transit Center (in the north) or both as follows:
- Rt 53 Arctic/Allen runs on a loop to Beaverton Transit Center, along Lombard, Allen, Arctic, Western, 5th, Griffith and Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway, during the weekday morning and evening rush hour only.
- Rt 62 runs between Washington Square and Sunset Transit Center, along Scholls Ferry Road, Murray, Millikan, Hocken, Jenkins, Cornell and Barnes
- Rt 88 Hart/198th runs between Willow Creek Transit Center, Aloha and Beaverton)
Beaverton is home of 1 Nike Inc. World Headquarters, a beautiful campus sprawling many acres. Apart from this campus, the city has a strong culture of environmental preservation, so there are many parks and public places for leisure across the city.
Some of the activities in Beaverton include various malls including Washington Square, and Cedar Hills Crossing (formerly Beaverton Mall). Both of these malls contain many activities such as great food, including fast food, or formal restaurants. Washington Square has a Cheesecake Factory, which is always a popular place to dine. Both malls have movie theaters along with stores that fit anybody's taste. There are many beautiful parks located throughout the Beaverton area that are frequented by many people. And, of course since it is the Northwest, there is a coffee shop on every corner. See mall listings under "Buy" in the below:
- 1 Tualatin Hills Nature Park, 15655 SW Millikan Way, ☏ . Dawn-dusk. Nature Center: M-F 9:30AM- 5PM, Sa Su 9AM-5PM.
- 2 Howard M. Terpenning Recreation Complex, 15707 SW Walker Rd, ☏ .
- 1 Beaverton Farmers Market, (mailing address) PO Box 4, Beaverton OR 97075 (Market is in the parking lot next to the public library on SW 3rd & Hall Blvd), ☏ , fax: . Saturdays: Feb-Apr 10:30AM-1:30PM; May-Sep 8AM-1:30PM; Oct-Nov 9AM-1:30PM.
- 2 Beaverton Town Square, 11665 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (between SW Canyon Rd (SR-8) & Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (SR-10), just west of the 217.). M-Sa 10AM-7PM, Su 10AM-6PM. Outdoor shopping mall with different smaller shops such as FedEx Store, Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe, Pho Van, Rocker Woodworking & Hardware, etc. Same location as Fred Meyer which is located in a separate building separated by an expansive parking lot from Beaverton Town Square to the east. There are other free standing establishments surrounding Beaverton Town Square.
- 3 Fred Meyer (subsidiary of Kroger) (between SW Canyon Rd (SR-8) & Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (SR-10), just west of the 217).
- 4 Cedar Hills Crossing (formerly Bernards Beaverton Mall), 3205 SW Cedar Hills Blvd (west side of Cedar Hills Blvd between SW Jenkins & Hall Blvd), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-8PM, Su 10AM-6PM. Cedar Hills Crossing hosts WinCo, Best Buy, Old Navy, Powells Bookstore, New Seasons Market, Century Theater, LA Fitness and numerous other shops & restaurants in the mall and in the immediate surrounding area not part of the mall (Goodwill, Rite Aid, Bed Bath & Beyond, Dollar Store, Five Guys, Chipotle, amongst others). There are other smaller strip malls & free standing establishments radiating north-south along SW Cedar Hills between Walker & Canyon Rd and along Hall Blvd from Cedar Hills to Canyon Rd. MC, Visa, Discover and/or travelers checks accepted in many of these establishments. The current mall location was an airport prior to 1969.
- 5 Washington Square, 9585 SW Washington Square Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 10AM-7PM. The largest shopping mall in the state of Oregon, with just about everything you would expect to find. Some of the stores include Dick's Sporting Goods, Macy's, Nordstroms, JCPenney, The Cheesecake Factory, Abercrombie & Fitch, amongst others.
- 1 Burgerville, 9385 SW Allen Blvd (SW Scholls Ferry Rd & Allen Blvd), ☏ . Daily 10AM-10PM. The NW's own fast food chain with a decidedly NW flavor promoting organic, fresh and seasonal ingredients. Great burgers and traditional fast food fare. Seasonal items, including sweet potato fries, asparagus, strawberries, blackberries and onion rings. They also have a food cart location at the BG's Food Cartel (see below). The original location on Sw Canyon Rd has closed.
- 2 BG's Food Cartel, 4250 SW Rose Biggi Ave (SW Rose Biggi Ave & Millikan Way), ☏ . Su 10AM-7PM; M-W 10AM-8PM; Th-Sa 10AM-9PM. BG Food Cartel is Beaverton’s outdoor food court pod. The pod has 31 food carts with a wide variety of food and beverage options to choose from.
- 1 Comfort Inn & Suites, 13455 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Courtyard Portland Beaverton, 8500 SW Nimbus Ave, ☏ , fax: .
- 3 DoubleTree by Hilton, 15402 NW Cornell Rd, ☏ . All-suite accommodations with complimentary breakfast buffet, high speed Internet, and 24-hr business center
- 4 Embassy Suites by Hilton in Portland Washington Square, 9000 SW Washington Square Rd (SW Scholls Ferry & Hall, north of Washington Square Mall), ☏ , fax: .
- 5 Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton, 15583 NW Gateway Ct, ☏ , fax: .
- 6 Motel 6 Beaverton, 12255 SW Canyon Rd (SW Canyon Rd & Lombard next to Car Toys), ☏ . Marker at motel office next to Car Toys at Canyon Rd & Lombard. Motel rooms further back from Canyon Rd.
- 7 Peppertree Inn, 10720 SW Allen Blvd (SW Allen Blvd & Hwy 217), ☏ , fax: .
- 8 Shilo Inn, 9900 SW Canyon Rd (Along Canyon Rd between SW Walker & 97th), ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM.
See the Tigard article, under Sleep, for additional listings of accommodations near the Washington Square Mall at SW Olsen Rd and on SW Greenburg Rd.
- 2 Beaverton City Library, 12375 SW 5th Ave (SW 5th Ave & Hall Blvd in old town Beaverton), ☏ . Su noon-6PM; M-W 10AM-8PM; Th-Sa 10AM-6PM. Internet connection on their computers or Wifi for your own laptop or mobile device. They also have a 3 Murray Scholls Library Branch at 11200 SW Murray Scholl Pl in the southern suburbs.
The following are county operated libraries outside of Beaverton city limits which may be closer to where you are staying:
- 4 Cedar Mill Library, 12505 NW Cornell Rd, Suite #13 (Strip mall at NW Cornell and Saltzman Rd), ☏ . Su noon-5PM; M-F 10AM-8PM; Sa 10AM-5PM.
- 5 West Slope Library, 3678 SW 78th St, ☏ . M-W 9:30AM-8PM, Th-Sa 9:30AM-4PM.
- 6 Beaverton Post Office (US Postal Service), 4550 SW Betts (SW Betts & 1st Ave), ☏ , toll-free: . M-F 8:30AM-5:30PM, Sa 10AM-3PM. The zip codes for Beaverton are 97005 and 97008
- 7 West Slope/Raleigh Hills Post Office (US Postal Service), 3225 SW 87th St, Portland 97225 (SW 87th & Canyon Rd), ☏ , toll-free: . M-F 8:30AM-5PM. Serving zip code 97225. Most of the addresses in this zip code are "Portland" addresses instead of "Beaverton".
- 8 Cedar Mill Post Office (US Postal Service), 12675 NW Cornell, Portland 97229 (Inside Bales Cedar Mill Marketplace on NW Cornell & Saltzman), ☏ , toll-free: . M-F 9AM-6PM, Sa 9AM-3PM. Serving zip code 97229 in the neighborhoods north of US Hwy 26. Most of the addresses in this zip code are "Portland" addresses instead of "Beaverton".
|Routes through Beaverton|
|Ends at N S ← Hillsboro ←||W E||→ Portland → Gresham → Prineville|
|Forest Grove ← Hillsboro ← Aloha ←||W E||→ Jct → Portland via|
|Ends at N S ← Aloha ←||W E||→ Hillsdale → Portland via|
|Ends at ←||N S||→ Tigard → Ends at N S|