Hillsboro is a city in the Portland Metropolitan Area in Oregon. It contains several district such as hip and trendy Orenco in all of its high-density glory. More rural South Hillsboro, although the mayor's new building program is starting to build up this area into subdivisions. Central Hillsboro and the downtown area contains buildings dated back to the 1950s, and a few earlier examples still exist. Northern Hillsboro around the Airport is mostly industrial with no tourist attractions other than the hotels. This city has a traditional farming community background with visible roots of agriculture. Remnants of this rural past can still be seen in the rural areas outside the city. The Orenco district used to be completely filled with nurseries, although the remaining ones have moved outside the city. There is also a rich Hispanic history here. Almost half of the population is Hispanic and many people speak Spanish. Schools in this area offer a Dual Language program where students in grades K-12 can take half of their courses in Spanish! This city is also home to technology giant Intel, as well as having production facilities for many other tech and software companies. This city also can serve as a home base for trips out into the countryside, or day trips to Portland.
The Blue Line of the Max light rail will bring you several places in Hillsboro for just a few dollars. Trips back to Portland's nightlife take about 30 minutes.
The only other main way to get in to Hillsboro is by road via Highway 26 west from Portland. If coming from the coast, 26 East will take you in to Hillsboro, and continues on from Hillsboro. Drive time from Portland is roughly 20-30 minutes. If visiting from the Southern part of the state and looking for a more scenic drive, you can visit the charming towns of McMinneville and Newberg while driving along 217. This route offers breathtaking countryside views and ample opportunities for visiting Vineyards.
- 1 Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals, 26385 NW Groveland Dr., ☎ . W-F 1PM-5PM; Sa Su 10AM-5PM. Adults $10; veterans/military $7; seniors 60+ $9; ages 5-17 $7.
- 2 Washington County Museum, 17677 NW Springville Rd, Portland, OR (at Portland Community College Rock Creek Campus), ☎ . W Th and Summer Saturdays 10AM-4PM. Free.
- 3 Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve, 2600 SW Hillsboro Hwy, ☎ . Daily, dawn-dusk. Education Center: daily, 10AM-4PM. No dogs or bicycles. Free, suggested donation $2.
- Hillsboro Saturday Farmers Market, Office at 232 NE Lincoln Ave, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hillsboro Farmers’ Market celebrates Washington County’s agricultural bounty by congregating farmers to sell fresh fruits, produce, baked goods, flowers and more.
- 1 Hillsboro Saturday Farmers Market - Downtown Hillsboro, Main Street between 1st and 3rd Ave. Saturday 8AM-1:30PM.
- 2 Hillsboro Saturday Farmers Market - Orenco Station, Between Orenco Station pkwy and NE 61st Ave, close to Cornell Rd. Sunday 10AM-2PM.
- 3 Hillsboro Saturday Farmers Market - Kaiser Permanente, 2875 NW Stucki Ave. Wednesday 4PM-7PM.
- 4 Hillsboro Saturday Farmers Market - Tuality Hospital, Baseline and 8th Ave. Thursday 11AM-1:30PM.
- Horning’s Fishing & Picnic Hideout. Horning’s Hideout used for weddings, concerts, family gatherings, company picnics, car camping and trout fishing. $4 per person.
- 5 Hillsboro Hops, 4460 NW 229th Ave, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Minor league baseball team that plays at Ron Tonkin Field. They are a Class A Short Season team that have played in the Northwest League since 2013 as an affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks. $7-16 per person.
- 6 Rock Creek Trail, 20900 NW Amberwood. Park with paved trails for walking and biking
- 1 Costco, ☎ . Wholesale with bulk food at cheap prices. Also equipped with a gas station, optical center and food court.
- 2 The Streets of Tanasbourne, 19350 NW Emma Way (exit 64 from US 26, south on NW 185th Ave, right on Cornell). M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. An open-air shopping mall in eastern Hillsboro that is home to 55 stores, including Macy's and REI.
- 1 [dead link] Amelia's Restaurant, 105 NE 4th Ave, ☎ . Very good steak, freshly made tortillas, and really good overall food and service. $10.
- 2 Helvetia Tavern, 10275 NW Helvetia Rd, ☎ . M-Sa 11AM-9PM. A 15-20 minute drive to a rural area west of town, but outstanding burgers, fries and onion rings. Good selection of local and national beers on tap.
- 3 Bufallo Wild Wings, 2219 NW Allie Avenue, ☎ . Su-Th 11AM-midnight, F Sa 11AM-2AM. Sports bar famous for serving spice bufallo wings. Great place for large groups.
- 4 Killer Burger, 2130 NW Allie Way #610, ☎ . 11AM-10PM. All burgers includes bacon
- 5 McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, 4045 NE Cornelius Pass Rd, ☎ . 11AM-midnight. McMenamins brewery located in a former farmstead. Beautiful decoration, good burgers an local beers on tap.
- 6 Salam, 1002 NE Orenco Station Parkway, ☎ . Su-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 11AM-10PM. Lebanese and persian cuisine. Fantastic for lunch or dinner.
- 7 Swagat Indian Cuisine, 1340 NE Orenco Station Pkyw, ☎ . 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5PM-9:30PM. Indian restaurant with an all you can eat buffet for lunch and a dinner menu for dinner
- 8 Shimizza Public House, 998 NE Orenco Station Parkway, ☎ . Full American menu, including pizza, burgers and local beers on tap.
- 9 Syun Izakaya, 209 NE Lincoln St., ☎ . M-Th 11:30AM-10PM. Award-winning japanese restaurant located in a cozy venue in downtown hillsboro
- 1 Orenco Taphouse, 1198 NE Orenco Station Pkwy, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 3PM-11AM, F-Su 12PM-12AM. Taphouse with 20 rotating craft beers on tap. Ciders, wines and bottled beers are also available. The venue doesn't serve any food, but outside food is welcome. Dog friendly and with a great outside seating area.
- 2 ABV public house, 5670 NE Clara Lane, ☎ . Su-Th 11:30AM-10PM, F Sa 11:30AM-10PM. Great selection of tap and bottled beers. Good burgers and sandwiches
- 1 The Orenco (Orenco Manor), 1457 NE Orenco Station Pkwy, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
- 2 Larkspur Landing Hillsboro, 3133 NE Shute Rd, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Hotel offers free shuttle service and grocery shopping service. Rooms come with full kitchen and there is a weekly Social Hour.
|Routes through Hillsboro|
|Ends at N S ←||W E||→ Beaverton → Portland|
|Jct ← Forest Grove ←||W E||→ Aloha → Portland|