- For the region in Maine, see Greater Portland.
The Portland Metropolitan Area is a region in Oregon that includes Portland, Oregon City, Hillsboro and other cities around Portland.
- Portland - the city proper.
- East Multnomah County - the eastern suburbs of the city, including the cities of Gresham and Troutdale; the gateway to Mount Hood and the Columbia River Gorge.
- Washington County - the western suburbs of Portland, a growing high-tech area near Hillsboro and Beaverton, and home to Nike and other well-known Oregon companies. The rural areas also have wineries.
- Clackamas County - the southern and southeastern suburbs, including affluent Lake Oswego and historic Oregon City, leading to the foothills of Mount Hood.
- Vancouver (WA), is sometimes included in the region even though it is across the Columbia River in Washington.