Jump to navigation Jump to search
Laoag is a city and the provincial capital of Ilocos Norte.
- Philippines airlines from Manila. Flies daily.
- Cebu Pacific from Manila. Flies daily
- Mandarin Airlines from Kaohsiung.
- Hong Kong Express Airways from Hong Kong.
- Farinas Buses - to/from Manila via Vigan.
- Florida Buses - to/from Manila. via Vigan.
- Partas Buses - to/from Baguio and Manila via Vigan. Station in Baguio at (Gov. Pack Road), stations in Manila at Cubao, Sampaloc and Pasay.
- Philippine Rabbit - to/from Baguio via Vigan station in Baguio at (Gov. Pack Road)
- GMW Trans Buses -to/from Tuguegarao via Pagudpud. The a/c bus fare from Laoag city to Tuguegarao city (300 km) is ₱455 and takes 7 hours.
- Calesa - Horse-drawn carriage
- Ilocos Norte Museum. Tu-Su 9AM to 5PM. ₱50.
- Tobacco Monopoly.
- Sand Dunes, La Paz. The only desert in the Philippines. 4x4 vehicle recommended to appreciate the desert beauty.
- Sinking Belltower. Named so because it slowly sinks into the soft soil of the city. A decade ago, the entrance was still tall enough to let a man on horseback enter. Now not even a man could enter.
- Tabacalera, Assorted Stores.
- 4x4 off roading.
- Relax, unwind, enjoy nature.
- Sand boarding.
- Banana chips.
- Hand woven baskets.
- Taro (kamote) chips.
Malls & supermarkets
- Robinsons Place Mall & Robinsons Supermarket, Brgy 51 (just off manila north road), ☎ . 9AM-8PM.
- S M Savemore Hypermarket, J P Rizal Street. 9AM-8PM.
- Puregold Supermarket, J P Rizal street & M Nolasco Street. 8AM-8PM.
- Cailian Grill (along Bacarra Road).
- Dap-Ayan. Try the Laoag Empanada along Rizal Street near Provincial Capitol.
- Dawang's, San Nicolas. Try their crispy dinuguan.
- La Preciosa (along Rizal Street near Ablan Avenue).
- Macy's Diner, Gen Segundo Ave. cor M.H. del Pilar St (Coming from the Sinking Bell Tower: Walk northbound for approx 200 m (2 small blocks).), ☎ . 8AM-8PM. An American 1950s inspired restaurant. Serves most of your favorite American, Chinese, & Filipino foods. As low as ₱79 per meal.
- Saramsam (along Rizal Street Infront of Texicano Hotel).
- Giannis - along Mckinley Street, Brgy 10, behind Provincial Capitol. Giannis offers good food, ambiance, music and vibe. Try their baby back ribs (no MSG) with Giannis fried rice.
- herencias cafe, paoay ilocos norte. Try pinakbet and dinuguan pizza
Mid-range & splurge
- [dead link] Gertes Resort, Brgy. Balatong, ☎ . The hotel offers air-conditioned accommodation rooms, all equipped with cable TV, Wi-Fi connectivity, telephone, and also comes with complimentary breakfast. Some of its facilities are Gertes Restaurant, Bare n' Bloom Spa, swimming pools, and business center. From ₱1000.
- Hotel Tiffany, Gen. Segundo Ave Cor. M.H. del Pilar St, ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. Offers 24 guestrooms, all of which have air-conditioned, cable television, and private toilet and bath. Some of its amenities include high-speed Internet access, room service, and wake-up call. From ₱1170.
- Ilocos Rosewell Hotel, Brgy.1, San Francisco National High-Way San Nicolas, ☎ . Offers 22 air-conditioned guestrooms, all of which have cable TV, free Wi-Fi, mini-bar, and a telephone. Some of its amenities include massage service, laundry and dry cleaning, wake-up call, and airport and city transfers. From ₱1,200.
- [dead link] Isabel Suites, Bacarra Road (beside Jollibee Bacarra road), ☎ , .
- Java Hotel, Bacarra Road 55-B, Salet (Fariñas Caltex Station), ☎ . A hospitable place with touches of Balinese, Moroccan, and Spanish style decoration. Offers rooms, suites, and dormitory-type quarters. From ₱1980.
- Renzo Hotel, Brgy.19, Santa Marcela, Rizal cor. Guerrero Street, ☎ , , fax: .
- Playa Tropical Hotel Ilocos, Barangay Victoria. A Balinese-inspired hotel located in the heart of Currimao, 25 minutes from Laoag Int'l Airport and 45 min-1 hr away from Vigan. The hotel has a seafront view of calm waves and fine sand beaches where you can do water sports activities like kayaking, pedal boating and skim boarding. ₱3800.
- Plaza del Norte, Barangay 41 - Balacad, ☎ . It offers 96 rooms, all of which have air-conditioning system, cable TV, private toilet and bath, phone and coffee/tea maker. Its amenities include high-speed Internet access, swimming pool, and restaurant, bar and café. Rates start at ₱2,500.
- Texicano Hotel, Rizal Aveune., ☎ . Fan single/double room with out side bathroom. Fan single/double rooms with own bathrooms. A good place for backpackers to stay. 50 rooms. Can pay with Visa/Mastercard ₱350/410/470.
- Pichay Lodging House, P Lazaro corner Heranado streets, ☎ . Fan double rooms with own bathroom. 25 rooms. ₱350.
- Star Light Lodge, Ablan Avenue, ☎ . Fan single/double rooms. 19 rooms. ₱270-550.
- Hotel Del Norte, 28 Fonacier Street, ☎ . Fan single room with own bathroom. Fan single/double room with own bathroom and cable TV. AC double with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱380/500/600/750.
- Supertram Lodge, Hernando Avenue, ☎ . Fan double room with own bathroom. A/c double room with own bathroom. ₱500/600.