Larochette (Luxembourgish: Fiels) is a town officially located in the Luxembourg district, but often counted as a part of the Mullerthal, both of which are located in Luxembourg.
Larochette is a medieval town that was built near Meysembourg Castle, which is roughly 2 km north-west of the town. The castle dates back to the 12th century, and its ruins can be visited.
- Tourist Information Larochette, 33 Chemin J.A. Zinnen, L-7626 Larochette, ☏ +352 83 70 38.
When travelling from Echternach, take the E29 in the direction of Luxembourg City. Follow the signs directing to Scheidgen and Larochette. Follow this road (the Route national 118) through Consdorf, into the Mullerthal forest. Follow this road and you will end on the Larochette town square.
Larochette is small and can be travelled by foot, though, if you would like to visit the castle ruins, taking a bike or perhaps travelling by car is recommended.
- 1 Larochette Castle, Montée du Château, L-7622 Larochette, ☏ +352 72 04 57, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the Mullerthal trail, crossing straight through the Mullerthal forest, as well as passing by most of the towns in the Mullerthal region.
- Brasserie de l'Ernz Blanche, 5 Rue de Medernach, L-7619 Larochette.
- Pizzeria Fauborg, 34 Rue de Medernach, L-7619 Larochette.
- Hotel du Château, 1 Rue de Medernach, L-7619 Larochette, ☏ +32 63 42 01 36. 3-star hotel at the Larochette town square. €85.
- Auberge op der Bleech, 4 Place Bleech, L-7610 Larochette. 3-star hotel at the Larochette town square. €95.
- [dead link] Hotel de la Poste, 11 Place Bleiche, L-7610 Larochette, ☏ +352 87 81 78. 3-star hotel at the Larochette town square. €105.
- Youth Hostel Larochette, 45 Rue Osterbour, L-7622 Larochette, ☏ +352 26 27 66 55 0. €24.
- Camping Birkelt, 1 Um Birkelt, L-7633 Larochette, ☏ +352 87 90 40.