Lautoka is in Fiji.
Bus or taxi from Nadi or Nadi Airport
Lautoka has a robust public bus transport network operated by private companies and the service is run on scheduled timetables from the central bus station.
There is also taxi and carrier service available which is useful for those in a hurry. Although costs are based on stages travelled and set by the government fares should be agreed to before travel to avoid later disputes.
The Hare Krishna temple is a friendly place. If you happen to be there on a Sunday, then pop in and they may invite you to stay for lunch.
The Botanical gardens have a large variety of tropical plants most of them labelled with the botanic and common names. If you visit around midday on a working day you may see the horticulturist Shri on site who has a wealth of information on the plants. The park opposite the gardens is a favourite playground for children, and there are toilet facilities.
Note: Chinese in Fiji is actually more spicy than Thai in Fiji.
- Anchorage Beach Resort, Vuda Point, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: Noon, check-out: 11AM. FJD $175+.
- First Landing Beach Resort & Villas, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. FHD $325+.
- Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is a twenty-five minute drive from Nadi Airport..
- Lautoka Hotel, 12 Naviti Street, ☎ . Check-in: 11 am, check-out: 10 am. 35.00,60.00 & 80.00.
- Cathay Hotel (email@example.com), Tavewa Avenue (opposite the Northern Club), ☎ . Economy priced hotel with airconditioned and fan cooled rooms, swimming pool, car parking. Email firstname.lastname@example.org F$60+.
- Saweni Beach Apartment Hotel (www.fiji4less.com/saweni.html), Saweni Beach near Lautoka, ☎ . Self-contained beach apartments (aircon or fancooled), swimming pool, about 10 mins drive from Lautoka city. Dormitory accommodation also available. F$90+.
- Hunters Inn
- Ashiqi nite club
The fast catamaran "Nanuya Belle" connects to Navutu Stars resort on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, departing from Lautoka at 9am and arriving at the resort at 11.20am. On the return, "Nanuya Belle" departs the resort at 12.30pm and arrives back at Lautoka at 3.15pm.