Viti Levu is the largest island in Fiji and home to 75% of its population. From a Fijian perspective, Viti Levu is the mainland. The highest mountain in Fiji, Tomanivi, is located on the east coast, a remote place covered by mangroves and surrounded by small villages.
- 1 Suva - the capital and commercial hub of Fiji
- 2 Ba - a town on the northwestern coast
- 3 Lautoka - second largest city in Fiji
- 4 Nadi - on the western coast
- 5 Nausori - on the northeastern coast
- 6 on the southeastern coast
- 7 Rakiraki - on the northern coast
- 8 Sigatoka - on the southwest coast
Nausori International Airport (Suva International Airport SUV IATA) is the secondary international airport in the country, with a smaller selection of airlines and destinations from other cities in Fiji and Oceania.
There are flights from other Fiji airports to Nadi and Suva.
By bus and car
The Kings Road and Queens Road circle the Viti Levu island. With very few roads that cut across the centre of Viti Levu, Kings and Queens Roads are often the only way to get from one destination to another. Queens Road runs in western and southern part of Viti Levu while Kings Road runs in northern and eastern part of Viti Levu. Almost all of the popular destinations and major cities are along these roads.
Bus service are frequent and highly reliable within and between cities both during the day and at night. Just wave at the driver to hop on. You will need to purchase a reloadable card to tap on to get onto the bus, but this was loosely enforced as of 2019. The reloadable cards can be purchased at major bus terminals. Although there are official bus stops, you can ring the bell and the driver will stop anywhere along the route outside of the official bus stops.
- 1 Viseisei. The oldest settlement in Fiji when the first Melanesian canoes beached at nearby Vuda Point. $5 entrance fee.
- 1 Natadola Beach. Considered one of the best beaches in Fiji. There are shaded trees and pure white sand, which makes it a great spot for horse riding.
- Bounty (Located in Nadi). Bounty has beautiful food at a reasonable price.
- The Ocean Terrace Restaurant, Bedarra Beach Inn, 77 Sunset Strip, Korotogo, ☏ . The Ocean Terrace Restaurant offers seafood prepared daily. They also provide a selection of fine wines to go with your meal. If, however, you do not enjoy seafood or have shellfish allergies, The Ocean Terrace Restaurant offers more casual meals such as pizza and burgers.
- Ed's Bar. Located in Nadi is a great touristy bar playing all types of music from reggae to house.
Mobile internet signal is the strongest along the settlements on Kings Road and Queens Road. For Vodaphone, the signal coverage along Queens Road between Nadi and Lautoka are excellent, providing continuous 4G internet connection along this road. There are some pockets west of Sigatoka where the signal strength may drop down to 3G or even 2G.
- Mamanuca Islands, just west of Viti Levu (the farthest is only 20 miles away).