Ledyard is a town in Connecticut. It is home to one of the largest casinos in the world, Foxwoods, but you don't have to be 21 to have fun in this town! It also includes the village of Mashantucket. Nearby you can find the Mystic Seaport Museum, the Mystic Aquarium, Nathan Lester House and Sawmill Park.
Exit 92 off Interstate 95 to Route 2 North or Exit 85 off Interstate 395. Go straight to the second traffic light and turn left onto Route 164 South or either Interstate 84 to Exit 55 to Route 2 East. Continue nine miles past Norwich.
To New London
From: Central Long Island
- Port Jefferson Ferry [dead link], Phone: +1 631-473-5138.
From: Long Island, New York Orient Point
- Cross Sound Ferry, Phone: +1 631-323-2525 or Phone: +1 860-443-5281.
A car is necessary except for Foxwoods and its attractions. The casino/hotel complex, while large, is walkable and Foxwoods will rent scooters to those who have difficulty with walking. Shuttles run to the Pequot Museum. Most hotels in Mystic have a shuttle to and from Foxwoods.
- 1 Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center, 110 Pequot Trail (off Rt 2 near Foxwoods), toll-free: . W-Sa 9AM-5PM (last admission 3PM). In Nov.: open Tu-Sa. Winter closure. Tribally-owned and -operated museum and research center in Mashantucket. The history of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe is presented through innovative exhibits and presentations like dioramas and videos. There are also interactive programs, archival material, a glacial crevasse, a caribou hunt of 11,000 years ago, a walk-through of the 16th-century woodland Indian Village, a 17th-century Pequot fort, and an outdoor, two-acre farmstead with orchards and gardens to depict the 18th-century. Shuttles run regularly from the Foxwoods hotel entrances. Adults $20, Seniors (65+) and college students $15, Youth (6-17) $12.
- Mystic Seaport Museum, 75 Greenmanville Avenue. Visitors can learn about maritime history in the 19th-century. The seaport has a re-created 19th-century coastal village and shipyard. General admission is $18.50 for adults (18-64), $16.50 for senior admission (65+), and $13.00 for children (6-17). In fall they offer 1/2 price admission for kids on the weekends.
- 2 Mystic Aquarium. This aquarium is the state's biggest attraction. They house Beluga whales and other rare sea creatures. Visitors can participate in hands-on exhibits and watch demonstrations. Live animal contact experiences are available also for an added price. Admission for adults is $24, senior (age 60+) is $21, children (age 3 - 17) is $18, children aged 2 and under get in free.
- Nathan Lester House, Long Cove and Vinegar Hill Roads, Gales Ferry. This is an 18th-century farmhouse and museum with 100 acres of hiking trails. The grounds are open all year round and museum hours are subject to change. Call +1 860-464-8540 for schedule.
- Sawmill Park, 172 Iron St (Route 214). Sawmill Park is has 11 acres of hiking trails. The main attraction is the water-powered up-down Sawmill Museum. The museum holds artifacts from the Industrial Revolution. The park is open all year round while the sawmill is operated on Saturday afternoons during April-May and October-November. Foliage surrounding the pond makes fall months the best time to go.
- B.F. Clyde's Cider Mill, 129 N. Stonington Rd, North Stonington, CT 06355 (Take Interstate 95 to Exit 91 and then take a right off Route 184 onto N. Stonington Road), ☏ . Open from Sept-Oct 9-6 and Nov-Dec 9-5. This cider mill was established in 1881 and is the oldest steam powered cider mill in the country. Clyde’s is home to the most amazing apple cider, homemade apple wine and incredible homemade desserts. They also offer cider-making demonstrations on the weekends during the fall season. Free admission but bring money for the store. free admission but bring money for the store.
- 1 Foxwoods Resort Casino, toll-free: . Route 2. One of the world's largest casinos with over 7,000 slot machines, 380 table games, 24 hour poker on 100 tables, bingo and high stakes bingo with capacity of 3600 people, keno and race book. Also three upscale hotels and many shops.
- Lake of Isles Golf Course, 1 Clubhouse Dr, toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. North Stonington. Villas available. New England’s finest 36 holes designed by Rees Jones. Eighteen holes are open to daily fee golf. The property includes an 18-hole private course and an 18-hole public course. There is also a clubhouse and a golf academy with four indoor teaching studios. Fees for the public course: May-October $155 - $195 per person. March, April and November: $115 - $155 per person. All golf fees include 18 holes with cart, range balls, bag tag, yardage book, divot repair tool, ball marker & tees.
- MGM Grand Theatre. See website for upcoming shows.
- The Treehouse Arcade Part of the Foxwoods Entertainment Center which offers over 140 of the hottest and newest video games including air hockey and virtual reality games. The redemption counter includes toys, gifts, and Tree House brand merchandise and apparel
- Olde Mistick Village, Coogan Blvd., Mystic, CT (Drive is about 15-20 minutes from Foxwoods Casino to Mystic Village, as you travel along Interstate 95 to Exit 90), ☏ . Open Mon-Sat 10-6, Sunday 11-5 and open daily until 8 pm during the summer. This village is beautiful with its flowering trees, seasonal decorations and a giant water wheel that reminds you of the era the village is replicating. The village offers many specialty shops, a cinema, special events and restaurants galore! Free.
- Misquamicut Beach, Atlantic Avenue, Westerly, RI (Take Rt. 78 into Westerly, RI and follow straight until you see signs for the beach. Follow signs.). Open 9-6 weekdays, 8-6 weekends/holidays. This beach is just a short 15-minute drive from Ledyard, Connecticut and is home to Rhode Island's longest stretch of beach. On the beach strip you will also find water slides, a fun park, jet ski rentals, and three separate bar/nightclubs. There are also restaurants within walking distance from the beach. This is a great beach for children and adults. Lifeguards on duty. This beach is smoke-free. residents pay $6.00 per car and non-residents pay $12.00 per car; weekends and holidays the price is $7.00/car for residents and $14.00/car for non-residents.
- Foxwoods has a number of upscale shops for clothing, jewelry, watches, Native American crafts, gifts, and various other items. Casino patrons can spend their comp points here or buyers can pay in the usual manners.
- Activa, Offers women’s and men’s sportswear, bags and accessories. Hours of Operation are 10am – 12am
- Kidstuff, Kidstuff carries a variety of items for infants, toddlers and children up to size 7 including blankets, stuffed toys, and clothing. Hours of Operation are 10am – 12am
- Regalia, High fashion shop that offers women’s and men’s fashion apparel including Tommy Hilfiger, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren Polo,or Nautica. Hours of Operation are 10am – 12am
- Insignia, Offers a variety of Foxwoods logo items such as coffee cups, lighters, hats, t-shirts, and sweatshirts. Hours of Operation are 10am – 12am
- Other specialty shops include: Foxwoods Watch Company, Watchful Eye, Indian Nations, Rain Garden
Gourmet At Foxwoods
- Paragon, 24th Floor, Grand Pequot Tower. Su,We,Th 5PM-10PM; F-Sa 5PM-10:30PM. One of only 54 restaurants in the nation to achieve the AAA Four Diamond Award of excellence. More of a seafood menu  that is pricey.
- Al Dente, Restaurant level, Grand Pequot Tower. Su-Th 5PM-10PM; F-Sa 5PM- 11PM. Great if you're craving Italian cuisine. The menu has a variety of different dishes, especially pasta /
- Cedars Steak House, Concourse level, Great Cedar Hotel. Lunch: Su-Sa 11:30AM-2:30PM. Dinner: Su-Th 5PM-11PM; Fr- Sa 5PM-12AM. Second more expensive gourmet restaurant. 
- Sunday Champagne Brunch, Sunset Ballroom, Great Cedar Hotel. Sunday 10AM-3PM.
- David Burke Prime Grand Pequot Tower. Monday - Thursday 11am - 1am, Friday - Saturday 11am - 2am, Sunday 10:30am - 1am
Brunch served every Sunday 10:30am - 3:30pm. Menu available . Soups and salads prices moderately but entrees are expensive.
Casual Dining at Foxwoods
- Stadium Sports Bar & Grill Located in the Two Trees Inn. Serves a variety of favorites, appetizers, fancy salads, steaks, seafood, and full bar. Open 7 Days a week. Dining Room: Sun - Thurs 7am - 9pm, Fri - Sat 7am - 10pm. Lounge: 12pm -1am.
- Hard Rock Cafe. A really great place to eat with friends. There is a fun atmosphere, good music, and great "Rock and Roll" decorations all around the restaurant.
- Panera Bread. Great place to get a quick soup or sandwich. Makes the best bread fresh everyday. The broccoli and cheese soup is the best!
- Burke In The Box Expect gourmet sandwiches, salads and side dishes.
- California Pizza Kitchen serve a wide variety of specialty pizzas, sandwiches, and pasta with a fresh California theme. Located in the Theatre District, near the Fox Theatre. Open Sun-Thurs 11:30am - 10pm, Fri, Sat 11:30am - midnight.
- Fuddruckers Located on the Casino Level, Pequot Trail. Pick out your favorite burger and fries! It's a quick but delicious meal that's fun for the whole family.
- [dead link] Mystic Pizza II, 209 Providence-New London Turnpike, North Stonington, CT (Located off Interstate 95, Exit 92), ☏ . Open seven days per week at 11:30 AM. This place is the best pizza in town and it's sister location, owned by the same family was the scene of the movie "Mystic Pizza" that debuted in 1988 and was a huge hit! $8-12 per meal.
- Club BB, Voted Best Dance Club in CT. by Connecticut Magazine. Hours of Operation: Th 9PM-1AM, F,Sa 9PM-2AM.
- Mezz Ultra Lounge, Your favorite beverages along with raw bar selections, fondue, other light treats, and gourmet desserts. Grand Pequot Tower Restaurant Level.
- Champagne Bar at Paragon, A quiet and elegant atmosphere with a wide selection of imported and domestic champagne. Located on the 24th floor of the Grand Pequot Tower, adjacent to the Paragon restaurant. Proper attire is required. Hours of Operation: Su,W,Th 5PM-10PM; F,Sa 5PM- 10:30PM.
- The Club, Hours of Operation: Th 6PM-1AM; F,Sa 6PM-2AM; Bands perform from 8PM – Midnight
- Stadium Sports Bar and Grill, The Rivalry Bar at Stadium Sports Bar & Grill is a place to catch a game or sports highlights on 27 HD TV’s and a premium sound system. They offer an American-style menu. Hours of Operation: Su-Th 11AM-1AM; F,Sa 11AM-2AM
- Grand Pequot Hotel, Beautiful rooms. A luxury AAA Four Diamond rated hotel with a gourmet restaurant, Paragon and Grand Salon and Spa. The hotel also includes full meeting and conference spaces as well as complimentary valet parking, 24-hour room service and high speed internet. Check in is at 4 pm and check out is at 12 pm. Located in a newer section than Great Cedar.
- Great Cedar Hotel, Convenient to buffet, poker, bingo. 312 rooms. Sits atop one of Foxwoods’ gaming rooms. A short distance from Rainmaker Square, the Theatre District, an indoor pool, and fitness center. Offers complimentary valet parking, 24-hour room service and high speed internet. Check in is at 4 pm and check out is at 12 pm.
- Two Trees Inn, across a large parking lot, shuttle available. 280 rooms. A country-style inn. Offers a specialty restaurant, lounge, indoor pool, fitness room, and gift shop. Wireless access is available in the lobby and dial-up access is available in all the rooms. Check in is at 4 pm and check out is at 12 pm.
- MGM Grand at Foxwoods. 825 rooms and suites. Offers wireless internet service and high-definition TVs. The G Spa is a new 21,000-square-foot spa that offers professional treatments, ranging from traditional Swedish massage to hair, skin and nail packages. Dining options include: Altastrada, Craftsteak, Gelato Café, Juniors, Shrine and The Food Market.
- Abbeys Lantern Hill Inn, 780 Lantern Hill Rd (1/3 mile from Foxwoods), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Seven rooms, some with wood-burning fireplaces or jacuzzi tubs. Complimentary WiFi & hearty breakfast with fresh-ground Starbucks coffee and iPad for reading the news. The Cottage is dog-friendly. Connecticut Green Lodging certified.
- Stonecroft Bed & Breakfast, 515 Pumpkin Hill Rd, ☏ .
- Mare's Inn, 333 Colonel Ledyard Highway.
- Nearby Mystic is a logical next stop. For more gambling, Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino is nearby in Uncasville.