Lira is a city in Northern Uganda.
Lira is a city in Northern Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial centre of Lira District. Lira was the main metropolitan center of the now defunct Lango District (which corresponds geographically with the current Lango sub-region).
Lira lies in Lira District. Lira District is part of Lango sub-region, which consists of the following districts: Alebtong District, Amolatar District, Apac District, Dokolo District, Lira District, Kole District, Otuke District and Oyam District. The city of Lira remains the principle commercial centre of the sub-region.
- Kenya Commercial Bank. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
- Equity Bank, Soroti road. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
- Pari Supermarket, Obote Road (over street from Kcb Bank).
- Stanbic Bank. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
- Fortress Guest house, Oyam road. Single/double rooms with shared bathroom. Has 12 rooms. From USh 22,000.
- Caravan Guest house, Maruidhi Road plot 2 b (opposite Centenary bank). Check-in: 10AM, check-out: 9AM. Double room with own bathroom. TV. Breakfast. USh 18,000.
- Santasolo Hotel, Juba Road. Check-in: 9AM, check-out: 8AM. Non-self-contained room. USh 18,750.
- Acanadiro Transporters Hotel, Imono Road. Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 10AM. Single room outside bathroom. USh 18,000.
- Atomi Guesthouse, Juba Road. Check-in: 10AM, check-out: 9AM. Double room with own bathroom. USh 25,000.
- Safeway Hotel, Juniour Quaters Road. Check-in: 10AM, check-out: 9AM. Non-self-contained room. USh 27,000.
- Baralegi Guest House, Juba Road. Check-in: 9AM, check-out: 8AM. Fan double room with own bathroom and TV. from USh 36,000.