Little Falls is small enough that most places are accessible by foot, but as the city is built on a rather steep slope, it can be a workout. Bicycling is also a good option.
Little Falls has a number of one-way streets, so drivers unfamiliar with Little Falls should pay attention to signage.
- Herkimer Home, 200 State Route 169, ☏ . Saturdays and Sundays, Memorial Day to Labor Day. Historic home of Nicholas Herkimer, Brigadier General during the Revolutionary War.
- Erie Canal Lock #17 (Accessible via S. Ann St or State Route 169), ☏ . M–F +1 315 823-2400, Sa–Su. One of the highest lift locks in existence, at a 40.5 ft height difference. Rock climbing and nature walks on adjacent Moss Island.
- Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts, 401 Canal Place, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tuesday - Saturday, 12-4 PM.
- Little Falls Canal Celebration.
- Garlic and Herb Festival, Canal Place.
- Cheese Festival, Main Street. During the 19th century, the area around the city of Little Falls produced more cheese than anywhere else in the United States. This festival recalls Little Falls's past by gathering cheesemakers and vendors from across Upstate New York.
- Beardslee Castle, 123 Old State Road, Little Falls, NY 13365, ☏ , ✉ info@BeardsleeCastle.com. Entrees about $20.
- Ann Street Restaurant and Deli, 381 S. Ann Street, ☏ . M – Th 7 – 3, F – Sat 7 – 6.
- Canal Side Inn, 395 Canal Place, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuesday-Saturday 5:00pm –. Entrees from $20 to $30.
- The Inn at Stone Mill, 410 Canal Place, ☏ . Has rooms overlooking the Mohawk River. $125 - $185.
- Knights Inn, 20 Albany St. Check-in: 2pm, check-out: noon. Rooms starting at $68.
Albany Is a nice city about 30 minutes away.
|Routes through Little Falls|
|Buffalo ← Herkimer ←||W E||→ Schenectady → Albany|
|Utica ← Herkimer ←||W E||→ Schenectady → Albany|
|Rome ← Herkimer ←||W E||→ Schenectady → Waterford|