It is a small town on the Afon Teifi (River Teifi). Historically the town was part of the Teifi Valley's Wool industry; today only a few mills still operate. The river is well known for its recreation opportunities, especially angling and kayaking. Across the river is the adjoining community of Pont Tyweli.
There is no train station. The nearest stations are in Aberystwyth and Carmarthen. Llandysul is 12 miles north of Carmarthen and can easily be reached by road. There is a limited bus service. Richardsbros provide occasional services to Cardigan, Newcastle Emlyn, Saron and Pencader.
- 1 Llandysul & District Local History Society Exhibition (Local History Exhibition), Llandysul Library, Canolfan Ceredigion, Llandysul, SA44 4QS, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Weekdays 9am-5pm Saturday 10am-1pm. “In Remembrance of our WW1 Heroes & Heroines: An Exhibition dedicated to all those who served from Llandysul and the surrounding areas” Open until March 2016. Free.
- 2 Pwerdy-Powerhouse Community and Arts Centre (Gallery), Chapel Street, Pont Tyweli, Sir Gaerfyrddin / Carmarthenshire, SA44 4AH, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Pwerdy (Powerhouse) was restored for use as a community and arts centre and is run by volunteers. They have art exhibitions running throughout the year and there are workshops and art classes.
- 3 National Wool Museum, Dre-Fach Felindre, ☎ .
- 1 Llandysul Paddlers, Pont Tyweli. Outdoor activities and water based sports aimed at all age groups and budgets.
- 2 Adventure Beyond, ☎ , e-mail: , email@example.com. open all year calls taken from 0600-2100 (booking is essential). Established in 1997. Adventure Beyond were one of the first providers of Coasteering in the country, They provide multi activities across Cardiganshire including white water rafting, tubing, climbing, surfing, sea kayaking, river kayaking, canoeing and many more adventurous activities. From £36 per person.
- 1 The Daffodil, Penrhiwllan, ☎ . Restaurant offering meals to suit all budgets and locally sourced produce.
- 1 Porth Hotel, Church St, ☎ . Old coaching inn providing accommodation, with a function room and access to fishing on the River Teifi and the sea.
- 1 Waunifor, Maesycrugiau, Pencader, SA39 9LX, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Historic estate with 6 holiday cottages offering self-catering accommodation and 2 large eco-friendly meeting rooms set in 4 acres of grounds and gardens. Pottery and craft studio on-site.
- 2 Maesycrugiau Manor, Maesycrugiau, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A 5star B&B with a golden award for 2014 situated in a listed garden of 7 acres. 105-125/room/night.
- 3 Typoeth Cottage, Typoeth Cottage Llandysul SA44 4RS, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Self catering holiday cottage in secluded valley, less than 10 minutes from Llandysul. Twin beds, with option for a third bed. Wood burning fire. Enclosed rear garden. Dogs are welcome. Dog training sessions are available. From £250 per week.
- 4 Farm Holiday Cottages, Cwmiar Farm, Llanllwni, Llanbydder, SA40 9SJ, ☎ . 6 self-catering cottages (sleeping between 4 and 10 people) including an old water mill. All essential modern conveniences. Cottages all situated around the farmyard of a real working farm. Wheelchair friendly and great for children.