Loures (/ˈlowɾɨʃ/, LOHW-r(ih)sh) has a population of just under 215,000 per 2020 estimates.
The municipality is made up of three general areas: the urban south, the industrial east, and the rural north.
The municipality has two cities—Loures and Sacavém—and seven towns—Bobadela, Bucelas, Camarate, Moscavide, Santa Iria de Azóia, Santo António dos Cavaleiros, and São João da Talha.
Eight Rodoviária de Lisboa bus routes provide service from Lisbon.
Three motorways serve Loures:
- A1 (Autoestrada do Norte) is Portugal's main motorway, running from Lisbon to Porto via Coimbra.
- A8 (Autoestrada do Oeste) runs near the west coast from Lisbon to Leiria via Caldas da Rainha.
- A9 (Circular Regional Exterior de Lisboa, CREL) connects several Lisbon suburbs.
- 1 Palácio do Correio-Mor (The Palace of the High Courier), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Two-storey Baroque-era residence decorated with azulejo tiles, stucco artworks, and paintings.
- 2 Palácio da Mitra (Palácio dos Arcebispos), Rua Padre Adriano 2, Santo Antão do Tojal. 18th-century archbishop's palace.
- 3 Igreja de Santa Maria de Loures, Rua Fria 1, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The mother church of Loures, a national monument, was built in the 15th century.
- 4 Igreja de Santo António de Moscavide, Avenida de Moscavide 63, Moscavide, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Modernist church built in 1955.
- 5 Igreja do Cristo-Rei da Portela de Sacavém, Avenida dos Descobrimentos 4, Portela, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Construction on this modern church began in the 1970s, but it wasn't inaugurated until 1992. The dome is reminiscent of a royal crown, and its bell tower contains a 14-bell carillon. Sixteen mosaic panels depict the story of Salvation.
- 6 Museu de Cerâmica de Sacavém (Sacavém Ceramics Museum), Praça Manuel Joaquim Afonso, Sacavém, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. This museum was built on the site of an old ceramics factory, around one of its kilns.
- 7 Museu do Vinho e da Vinha (Museum of Wine and Vineyards), Rua Dom Afonso Henriques 4, Bucelas, ☏ .
- 1 LoureShopping, Avenida das Descobertas 90, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 08:00–23:00. Mall with almost 100 shops and restaurants.
- 1 Beijo ao Boi, Rua José Miranda Vitorino 12, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Sa 12:00–15:00 & 19:00–22:00, Su 12:00–15:00, closed M. Cuisine of the Ribatejo province. Mid-range.
- 2 Bom Leitão, Rua José Miranda Vitorino 13, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. F–W 11:00–15:00 & 17:00–23:00, closed Th. Specializing in Leitão assado à Bairrada (Bairrada-style roasted piglet). Mid-range.
- 3 Chão Do Prado, Rua Almirante Gago Coutinho 155, Bucelas, ☏ . Th–Sa 12:00–14:30 & 19:00–22:30, Su 12:00–14:30, closed M Tu. Country restaurant with pleasant outdoor esplanade. Portuguese food with colonial flavours. €11-18.
- 1 Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, Rua Guiné 18-18B, Prior Velho, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Three-star, 120-room hotel. €73-114.
- 2 VIP Executive Santa Iria Hotel, Estrada Nacional 10, 1260, Santa Iria de Azóia, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Four-star, 124-room hotel with swimming pool, bar, free parking, and free Wi-Fi. €47-78.