Loveland was founded in 1877 along the Colorado Central Railroad. Named after the company's president, William A.H. Loveland, the city's economy was agriculturally-based, with primary crops being sour cherries and sugar beets. The historic Great Western Sugar Company silo, constructed in 1901, is visible from many parts of the town.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
- Denver International Airport (DEN IATA). Closest major commercial airport, located in Denver, Colorado, offering flights from international and national locations. A shuttle service, Shamrock Airport Express [dead link], is available. Approximately 60 miles south of city center.
- Fort Collins/Loveland Airport (FNL IATA). Offers flights from Las Vegas, Nevada from Allegiant Air and private flights. Approximately 10 miles from city center.
- Cheyenne Regional Airport (CYS IATA). Located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Approximately 60 miles north of city center.
Coming from either the north (Fort Collins or Wyoming) or the south (Denver or New Mexico), I-25 is the highway of choice. U.S. Route 34 is the largest road from the east (Greeley) or the west (Estes Park).
- [dead link] Benson Sculpture Garden. Over 100 permanent sculptures are on display in this park off of 29th street.
- [dead link] Loveland Museum and Gallery (corner of 5th and Lincoln). Offers art classes and contains art and history exhibits. Don't miss the exhibit containing all of stamps from each year of the Loveland Valentine Re-Mailing Program.
- Rialto Theater, 228 E. Fourth St, ☏ . 450 seat theater. Presents movies, plays by local theater groups, concerts, etc.
- Posh Salon & Spa, 4116 N. Garfield Ave. (North Loveland, right on HW 287), ☏ . M 9AM-3PM, Tu-Th 9AM-7PM, F-Sa 9AM-4PM. Day spa packages, including massage therapy, facials, manicure/pedicure, paraffin dips, waxes, hair cuts and color. $40-50.
Festivals and Holidays
- Sculpture in the Park show. Annually, in August, the Loveland High Plains Arts Council hosts the Sculpture in the Park show in Benson Park. The show features artist in a variety of mediums from all over the world.
- [dead link] 4th of July Celebration. starting at 11AM, North Lake Park becomes the site of city-wide Independence Day celebrations. Local dance and music groups perform and children can ride the Miniature Train which circuits the park during summer months. The night is capped off with a professional firework display over Lake Loveland.
- Momma Style, 238 E 4th St, ☏ .
- LUX, 129 E 4th St, ☏ .
- Little Tokyo, Lincoln (just north of 29th street). A nice fast-food Japanese restaurant. $5-$7/person.
- [dead link] Monaco Trattoria, 218 E 4th St, ☏ .
- Teraza's Not Just Gyros GREEK DINER, 141 E 4th St, ☏ .
- Henry's Pub, 234 E 4th St, ☏ .
- Cippoletti's, 124 E 4th St, ☏ .
- Trinity's, 337 E 4th St.
- The 4th Street Chophouse, 4th St (just west of Garfield). Not the best steak you'll ever have, but the best in northern Colorado, by far. All beef is aged at least three weeks- order it rare if you like beef. About $20/person.
- Lorenzo's (On College/287 and 29th in the King Soopers parking lot by the health club). Come here for the world's best slice of New York style pizza. Introduce yourself to Larry Lorenzo, the big guy who owns the place. Truly everything is good, but you may have a hard time not getting the pizza. Try a Hippie Roll if you need lunch on the cheap!
- The Inglenook Restaurant, 530 North Cleveland Ave, ☏ . Continental style dining. Good food and atmosphere at a reasonable price. Typically quiet.
- Ristorante Damosso, 1120 N Lincoln Ave, ☏ . Excellent food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices. Quite possibly the best Italian restaurant in Loveland.
- Adelita's Mexican Restaurant, 414 E. 6th St, ☏ . Great margaritas. Basic, tasty Mexican fare: Burritos, Enchiladas, Fajitas as well as weekend specials. Cozy atmosphere. Below $10.
- Saxby's Cafe, 29th St (next to the main post office).
- Coffee Tree: Where Good Things Grow, 422 E 4th St, ☏ .
- Top Hat Lounge, 123 E 5th St, ☏ . Live music and a local scene.
- [dead link] Budget Host Inn, 2716 SE Frontage Rd (E of I-25, Exit 254), ☏ . $42-99.
- Comfort Inn, 1500 N. Cheyenne Ave, ☏ .
- Fairfield Inn, 1710 Foxtrail Dr, ☏ .
- Gateway Motel, 417 E Eisenhower Blvd, ☏ .
- Hampton Inn, 5500 Stone Creek Circle, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1639 E. Eisenhower Blvd, ☏ .
- Residence Inn, 5450 McWhinney Blvd, ☏ .
- Super 8, 1655 E. Eisenhower Blvd, ☏ .
- Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, 2939 N County Rd, ☏ .
- Wild Lane Bed & Breakfast Inn, 5445 Wild Ln, ☏ . This inn has six rooms. $95-196.
- [dead link] Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, Greeley Colorado, 701 8th Street, Greeley, CO 80504, ☏ .
- The Downtown Loveland Association, 209 E 4th Street, Loveland, Colorado 80537
- The Loveland Chamber of Commerce, 5400 Stone Creek Circle, ☏ .
- The City of Loveland, 500 E 3rd St, ☏ .
The following locations provide free WiFi Internet Access:
- Coffee Tree: Where Good Things Grow, 422 E 4th St, ☏ .
- Circle Moon Coffee House - 843 North Cleveland Avenue - +1 970 663-2774
- Loveland Coffee Company - 620 E 29th St - +1 970-278-1221
- Daz Bog Coffee - 1427 N. Denver - +1 970-622-0031
- Daddy O's Green Onion - 2279 W. Eisenhower - +1 970-635-0001
- City News and Coffee House - 601 Cleveland Ave
- Paciugo Italian Gelato - The Promenade Shops at Centerra, 5971 Sky Pond Drive Ste C124 - +1 970-663-2323
- Perkins Family Restaurant - 2222 West Eisenhower Blvd. - +1 970-663-1944
- Johnson's Corner – 2842 SE Frontage Rd., I-25 exit 254 – +1970 667-2069
|Routes through Loveland|
|Cheyenne ← Fort Collins ←||N S||→ Berthoud → Denver|
|Granby ← Estes Park ←||W E||→ Greeley → Fort Morgan|
|Laramie ← Fort Collins ←||N S||→ Berthoud → Denver|