Lumsden is a town in the Qu'Appelle Valley of Southeastern Saskatchewan. It is a farming community and an unofficial suburb of Regina. Lumsden has an active artistic community, which consists of many writers, painters and sculptors.
Lumsden is 30 minutes northwest of Regina.
Lumsden is 30 km (19 mi) northwest of Regina on Highway 11, the main highway connecting Regina and Saskatoon. From Lumsden, Craven is 9 km (6 mi) to the northeast along Highway 20. Regina Beach is 25 km (16 mi) northwest of Lumsden by taking Highway 11 to Highway 54.
- Regina International Airport. The nearest commercial airport. It has four gates which handle flights from major centres in Canada via Air Canada and WestJet, as well as regular flights during the fall, winter and spring from Las Vegas, Phoenix and Orlando.
- Lumsden Historical Museum, 50 Qu'Appelle Dr W, ☏ . Jul and Aug: daily 10AM-4PM. Comprised of historic buildings from the community, this museum displays history of the Lumsden area. Museum grounds showcase early farm machinery.
- 1 Last Mountain House Provincial Historic Park (18 km (11 mi) NW of Lumdsden on Hwy 20). Ruins of the 1869 Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) as a winter outpost.
- 1 Fenek Farms (20 km (12 mi) SE of Lumsden), ☏ . Fenek Farms is a working farm which features a petting zoo, hay rides and farm tours along with country bike tours and country picnics.
- 2 Happy Hollow Corn Maze (between Regina and Lumsden off Hwy 11 at Exit C), ☏ . Sep 8 to Oct 14: Sa Su 10AM-6PM. 15 acres and consisting of a variety of attractions, including a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay wagon, cow train, pony rides, and petting farm.
- 3 Outer Edge Adventure Park, ☏ . Zip line park, year-round accommodation on park grounds.
- 4 Valeport Marsh (Valeport Wildlife Management Area) (off Hwy 20 near Last Mountain House Historic Park). Tour the extensive wetlands of Valeport Marsh on the southeast side of Last Mountain Lake where migrating shorebirds can be seen. Walk along the mowed dyke-top trail and view the 900-acre wetland conservation project, or bring your canoe and paddle down the scenic Qu’Appelle River.
- Corn Maiden Market at Lincoln Gardens (4 km NE of Lumsden on Hwy 20 at Lincoln Gardens), ☏ .
- Prairie Dust Art Gallery and Studio, 120 Elgin Crescent, ☏ . Daily 11AM-4PM by appointment.
- Free Bird, 240 James Street N, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Jane Dough's Bakehouse and Coffee Company, 375 James St N, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 6AM-6:30PM, Sa Su 8AM-5PM.
- Lumsden Hotel & Steak Pit, 30 2nd Avenue, ☏ .
- The Backyard Restaurant, 320 James Street, ☏ .
- 641 Grill (641 Grill & Motel), 2 Fraser Avenue, Craven, ☏ .
- Last Mountain Distillery, 70 Highway 20, ☏ .
- 1 Over the Hill Orchards and Winery (10 km S of Lumsden in the Qu'Appelle Valley), ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-6PM.
- Lumsden Hotel, 30 2nd Avenue, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Rowan's Ravine Provincial Park (22 W of Bulyea on Hwy 220; 54 km north of Lumsden on the east shore of Last Mountain Lake), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Craven is a small village in the Qu'Appelle Valley about 10 minutes northeast of Lumsden, and is known its annual country music festival in mid-July.
- 1 Country Thunder Saskatchewan (Craven Country Jamboree), Craven, toll-free: . Annual country music festival, held in mid-July.
- Regina Beach on the shores of Last Mountain Lake, northwest of Lumsden
- Regina is southeast of Lumsden
|Routes through Lumsden|
|Saskatoon ← Chamberlain ← Jct N ←||N S||→ Regina → END|
|Humboldt ← Lanigan ←||N S||→ END|