- For other places with the same name, see Lumut (disambiguation).
- Kuala Lumpur - very frequent departures (several per hour at peak times) between 7:30AM and 1AM - typical fare RM 18, about 4 hours
- Ipoh - frequent departures (at least one per hour) between 9AM and 7PM - typical fare RM 6.5
- Butterworth/Penang - several departures daily - typical fare 19 ringgit, about 5 hours
- Other destinations with direct or semi-direct service (may go via another town, but no change of bus) include: Alor Star, Johor Bahru/Singapore, Kangar, Kelang, Kota Bharu (~RM 30), Kuala Perlis, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Malacca, Muar, Seremban, Sungai Petani, Termeloh. For many longer-distance routes, both daytime and overnight services are available.
From the Lumut pier, ferries depart regularly to different parts of Pangkor Island. Fares are RM 14 ringgit per person, and RM 1 ringgit for bicycles. First departure from Lumut is at 7AM, last at 8:30PM. First departure from Pangkor is at 6:30AM, last at 8:30PM. Departures are at 30-45 minutes intervals, depending on the time of day, and the crossing usually takes no more than 45 minutes.
Sunset by the beach is the best thing to see in this sleepy town.
There's an abundance of typical Malaysian diners around the Pangkor ferry piers, plus a lone KFC franchise (these are normally paired with a Pizza Hut outlet, but not here).
- Nasi Briyani Ayam Madu, No 39,Jalan sultan Idris Shah (directly towards the jetty terminal, 1 min walk from the ferry pier) - conveniently located but famous for nasi briyani ayam madu and must try dishes when you visit lumut. Fair priced with malaysian menu
- Era Restaurant, ground floor, 7&9 Jalan Raja Muda Musa (directly opposite the bus station, 2-3 min walk from the ferry pier) - conveniently located but other unremarkable except for the fact that it's open 24 hours. Open sided, fairly large, spacious and clean, has an entirely Malaysian menu with all mains are RM 3-4.5.
- Capri Restaurant, 4174 Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, 32200 Lumut, Perak (Near the KFC), ☏ . 11:30AM - 11:30PM. Capri is a western style restaurant with bit of an Italian theme which includes pizza, lasagne, chicken, salmon etc. A good selection of wines, liquors and beers are available. Free wifi. Meals around RM 20-30.
- Jook Joint Bristo, PT4180 Jalan Sultan Idris Shah (Near KFC and Capri), ☏ . 11AM to 1AM. Western & Malaysian Cuisines including wine, beers and cocktails. Free wifi. RM 20-30.
- Jook Joint Bar, Jalan Titi Panjang (ground level of Lumut Waterfront Villa). 7PM-late, Sunday closed. Bar with some pool tables. RM11 for small beer.
There are a few budget Chinese hotels on Jalan Titi Panjang.
- Hotel Era ("Backpackers Lodge"), ☏ . 1st floor, 7&9 Jalan Raja Muda Musa, has a very convenient location - it's directly opposite the bus station, and 2-3 minutes walk from the Pangkor ferry jetty. Prices are on the high side - RM 25 for a single person fan room with shared bathroom, and RM 60 for an air-con double with private bathroom. For RM 35 you get a room with two very small (shorter than normal) and very saggy beds with no blanket or top sheet, a fan, and a hole in the ceiling. Not recommended for light sleepers - the curtains are tissue thin and flashing "Christmas-tree" lights are hung outside, plus it's very noisy - as well as the busy main road traffic, there are two TVs in the ground floor restaurant (which is open 24 hours) and another in the hotel lobby, and the local mosque has loudspeakers just along the street which issue loud and lengthy calls to prayer. The shared bathrooms (only two - one male, one female - so expect queues) are grubby but serviceable, with western toilets and cold showers.
- [dead link] Virgo Batik Resort, Persiaran Teluk Batik, Teluk Batik, 32200, ☏ . Offers 89 accommodation rooms, all of which have air-condition, cable television, mini-bar, and private toilet and bath. Some of its amenities include restaurant, ballroom, laundry service, and wake-up call. Best rates on official website start at RM 120.
- NZED GuestRoom, Lumut, 9, Taman Indah Raya, 32200, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3:30PM, check-out: noon. cheap accommodation room with good value for money Best rates on official website start at RM 62.
There are about a dozen mid-range hotels within a few minutes walk of the Pangkor ferry jetty, most with rates starting around 100-175 ringgit for air-con double rooms.
- [dead link] Crystal Bay Chalet, Jalan Teluk Batik, ☏ . The hotel offers rustic air-conditioned chalets, all of which have a cable TV, a coffee/tea maker, and a private toilet and bath with hot water. Includes a restaurant that serves Asian and seafood dishes, sports equipment for kayaking, jungle trekking and fishing, and a camp ground. Rates on official website start at RM 70.
- Lumut Valley Resort Condominium (LVRC) Lumut Valley Resort offers clean, secure, comfortable, affordable and yet flexible accommodation to travellers, either on business or vacations; and/or expatriates working in the vicinity of Lumut, Sitiawan, and Manjung District. 62 units of air-conditioned furnished service apartments are available for rental either on daily, weekly, or monthly basis depending on your needs.
- The Orient Star Resort Lumut, Lot 203 & 366, Jlan Iskandar Shah, ☏ . There are 150 rooms consisting of 4 VIP Suites, 6 Junior Suites, 8 Super Deluxe rooms, 66 Deluxe rooms and 66 Superior Rooms. All rooms have views to the sea. Free wifi. Starting from RM 150.
- Swiss-Garden Golf Resort & Spa Damai Laut, Hala Damai 2, Jalan Damai Laut, Off Jalan Teluk Senangin, 32200 Lumut, Perak Darul Ridzuan (Off Jalan Teluk Senangin about 20 km from Lumut), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Secluded setting with plenty of facilities including a golf course. Wifi available for about RM 30 for 24 hours. Deluxe Garden View RM 230 to Damai Suite RM 1750.
- [formerly dead link] De Villa, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Lot 3A, Lumut Waterfront Villa, Jalan Titi Panjang, open M-Sa 10AM-midnight, Sun+hols noon-midnight. Internet access RM 3/hour.
- Fiqah Internet Cafe - NO 47 B, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, Lumut, tel:05-6834046 open daily 9AM-midnight. Internet access RM 2.50/hour (this is the only Internet cafe available in Lumut).
Shops #5 (open 8AM-7PM) & #6 (open 10AM-9PM) at the bus station charge RM 1/item/day.
Klinik Pergigian Ting (Dr. Celine Ting BDS), No. 9, Taman Sitiawan Maju II, Jalan Lumut (on the same side and near The Store), ☏ . M-Sa 9AM-1PM; 2-6PM.